- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 18 hours ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 2 days ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 5 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 7 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Bike Oregon Wine Country
August 2, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$29 - $79
Every Sunday in August, Bike Oregon Wine Country cycle tours explore the scenic back roads of wine country near Salem, departing from and ending at Eola Hills Wine Cellars in Rickreall, Ore.
Cyclists visit up to seven wineries — and sometimes a brewery. Some routes include stopping by a covered bridge and a ferry ride across the Willamette River. Rides vary in length, from 35-70 miles, depending on the route. Riders of all abilities are welcome, and a support vehicle is available to carry wines purchased en route or offer a lift to riders when needed.
All rides conclude with a gourmet barbecue and wine tasting back at the winery. All-inclusive, $79; barbecue only, $29.
Eola Hills Wine Cellars is one of the largest producers in Oregon. General manager/founder Tom Huggins established his vineyard and began producing wine in 1986. The winery emerged a year later 10 miles west of Salem. It features a friendly tasting room and award-winning red and white wines including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah, Pinot Gris and more.
The list of Eola Hills events includes Sunday brunch, Valentine’s dinner, Easter brunch, Mother’s Day brunch, Mariners baseball road trips, Father’s Day brunch, Memorial Day Open House, Bike Oregon Wine Country, Oregon State vs. University of Oregon Civil War Brunch, Enchanted Christmas concerts and more.