- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 1 day ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 2 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 6 days ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 1 week ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Chocoholics Culinary Class with celebrity chef Eva Roberts at at Westport Winery
April 10, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$35
WESTPORT, Wash. — Westport Winery Garden Resort is proud to have Eva Roberts, owner and creative genius behind Spokane’s preeminent bakery Just American Desserts, teach a “Chocoholics Class” on Sunday, April 10 from 3-5 p.m.
Westport Winery co-owner Kim Roberts will pair each of Eva’s recipes with one of Westport’s award-winning wines. Despite sharing the same last name, these Roberts women are not blood relatives, though they say they both have chocolate in their veins. Eva was Kim’s mentor in opening the bakery at the winery in 2012.
During this culinary indulgence, Eva will teach students to make five new recipes along with a chocolate tasting and evaluation. The price to attend this class is $35 per person or $30 for wine club members. Space is limited so reservations are required.
In 1986, Eva Roberts saw a need for high quality, from scratch cakes and desserts. For over two decades she has specialized in creating products using only the finest, freshest ingredients. In 2009, Just American Desserts won the Spokane Chamber of Commerce’s Agora Award for Small Business and was the recipient of the “Best of the Inland Northwest” desserts category in 2005 and 2006. The Pacific Northwest Inlander Magazine wrote of Roberts business, “These are desserts that epitomize the best of what dessert should be-an exquisite out-of-the-ordinary treat that will lift an average day to the level of celebration.”
Westport Winery Garden Resort is on the corner of Highway 105 and South Arbor Road halfway between Aberdeen and Westport. The winery – including the restaurant, bakery, nursery and gardens – is open daily and offers lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.