- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 1 day ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 2 days ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 3 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 5 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 6 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Chocoholics Culinary Class with celebrity chef Eva Roberts at at Westport Winery
April 10, 2016 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm$35
WESTPORT, Wash. — Westport Winery Garden Resort is proud to have Eva Roberts, owner and creative genius behind Spokane’s preeminent bakery Just American Desserts, teach a “Chocoholics Class” on Sunday, April 10 from 3-5 p.m.
Westport Winery co-owner Kim Roberts will pair each of Eva’s recipes with one of Westport’s award-winning wines. Despite sharing the same last name, these Roberts women are not blood relatives, though they say they both have chocolate in their veins. Eva was Kim’s mentor in opening the bakery at the winery in 2012.
During this culinary indulgence, Eva will teach students to make five new recipes along with a chocolate tasting and evaluation. The price to attend this class is $35 per person or $30 for wine club members. Space is limited so reservations are required.
In 1986, Eva Roberts saw a need for high quality, from scratch cakes and desserts. For over two decades she has specialized in creating products using only the finest, freshest ingredients. In 2009, Just American Desserts won the Spokane Chamber of Commerce’s Agora Award for Small Business and was the recipient of the “Best of the Inland Northwest” desserts category in 2005 and 2006. The Pacific Northwest Inlander Magazine wrote of Roberts business, “These are desserts that epitomize the best of what dessert should be-an exquisite out-of-the-ordinary treat that will lift an average day to the level of celebration.”
Westport Winery Garden Resort is on the corner of Highway 105 and South Arbor Road halfway between Aberdeen and Westport. The winery – including the restaurant, bakery, nursery and gardens – is open daily and offers lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.