- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 23 hours ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 2 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 5 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Culinary class at Westport Winery with Seattle chef/author Amy Pennington
June 30, 2013 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$30
Seattle celebrity chef Amy Pennington, author of Urban Pantry, will stage a culinary class at Westport Winery in Aberdeen, Wash., on Sunday, June 30. (This class was previously scheduled for April 28.)
Pennington is known for her smart, concise guide to creating a full and delicious larder in your own home. In her book, this avid chef and gardener demystifies canning and pickling for the urban kitchen and provides tips for growing a practical food garden in even the smallest of spaces. Her more than 60 creative recipes blend both gourmet and classic flavors while keeping economy in mind.
For the appetizer course during this class, Pennington will teach guests to make toasted almond crackers to serve with artisan cheese. She will then demonstrate her classic minestrone, a herbaceous summer soup. As a unique salad, she will share her recipe for carrots and eggs with anchovy crumbs. Chef Pennington’s entrée for the course is Spiced Kibbe with Herb Yogurt alongside Salt and Nigella Flatbread. As the perfect conclusion to the class, Amy will create a buttermilk cake topped with rose-infused strawberries.
Each course will be paired with one of Westport’s award-winning wines as winery co-owner Kim Roberts discusses each wine’s pairing with these delicious recipes. Pennington’s book is available to purchase at the winery and she will offer sign each book during this class.