- 14 Hands releases ultrapremium red blendPosted 5 hours ago
- Martin uses award-winning Tempranillo to grow Red Lily VineyardsPosted 16 hours ago
- Washington wineries ask Legislature for more tasting roomsPosted 2 days ago
- Heat takes toll on Washington’s 2015 wine harvestPosted 3 days ago
- ‘Somm: Into the Bottle’ takes loving look at winePosted 4 days ago
- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 5 days ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 6 days ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 1 week ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Telaya begins new chapter for Idaho winePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Culinary class at Westport Winery with Seattle chef/author Amy Pennington
June 30, 2013 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm| $30
Seattle celebrity chef Amy Pennington, author of Urban Pantry, will stage a culinary class at Westport Winery in Aberdeen, Wash., on Sunday, June 30. (This class was previously scheduled for April 28.)
Pennington is known for her smart, concise guide to creating a full and delicious larder in your own home. In her book, this avid chef and gardener demystifies canning and pickling for the urban kitchen and provides tips for growing a practical food garden in even the smallest of spaces. Her more than 60 creative recipes blend both gourmet and classic flavors while keeping economy in mind.
For the appetizer course during this class, Pennington will teach guests to make toasted almond crackers to serve with artisan cheese. She will then demonstrate her classic minestrone, a herbaceous summer soup. As a unique salad, she will share her recipe for carrots and eggs with anchovy crumbs. Chef Pennington’s entrée for the course is Spiced Kibbe with Herb Yogurt alongside Salt and Nigella Flatbread. As the perfect conclusion to the class, Amy will create a buttermilk cake topped with rose-infused strawberries.
Each course will be paired with one of Westport’s award-winning wines as winery co-owner Kim Roberts discusses each wine’s pairing with these delicious recipes. Pennington’s book is available to purchase at the winery and she will offer sign each book during this class.