- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 21 hours ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 2 days ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 4 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 5 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 6 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 6 days ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
- SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Culinary class at Westport Winery with Seattle chef/author Amy Pennington
June 30, 2013 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$30
Seattle celebrity chef Amy Pennington, author of Urban Pantry, will stage a culinary class at Westport Winery in Aberdeen, Wash., on Sunday, June 30. (This class was previously scheduled for April 28.)
Pennington is known for her smart, concise guide to creating a full and delicious larder in your own home. In her book, this avid chef and gardener demystifies canning and pickling for the urban kitchen and provides tips for growing a practical food garden in even the smallest of spaces. Her more than 60 creative recipes blend both gourmet and classic flavors while keeping economy in mind.
For the appetizer course during this class, Pennington will teach guests to make toasted almond crackers to serve with artisan cheese. She will then demonstrate her classic minestrone, a herbaceous summer soup. As a unique salad, she will share her recipe for carrots and eggs with anchovy crumbs. Chef Pennington’s entrée for the course is Spiced Kibbe with Herb Yogurt alongside Salt and Nigella Flatbread. As the perfect conclusion to the class, Amy will create a buttermilk cake topped with rose-infused strawberries.
Each course will be paired with one of Westport’s award-winning wines as winery co-owner Kim Roberts discusses each wine’s pairing with these delicious recipes. Pennington’s book is available to purchase at the winery and she will offer sign each book during this class.