- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 4 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 4 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 6 days ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ag Expo seminar features Woodward Canyon’s second generationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Walla Walla wine industry helps raise $26,908 for food bankPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
David Jacobs-Strain in concert at Lange Estate Winery
August 23, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25
DUNDEE, Ore. — Oregon’s own David Jacobs-Strain visits Lange Estate Winery on Saturday, Aug. 23 for his third concert appearance.
Relax in the cool of a summer evening atop the Dundee Hills and groove to this eclectic guitarist’s deep blues and funk-jam rhythms. Bring a picnic and a blanket for the lawn and terrace seating, enjoy a cold glass of Pinot Gris and watch the sunset over the valley.
Musician/winemaker Don Lange and his family are big fans of Jacobs-Strain, whose roots are in Oregon, but his skills have taken him to Canada and Europe to venues such as the Newport Folk Festival and the Montreal Jazz Festival.
He has shared the stage with Boz Scaggs (more than 60 shows), Etta James, Taj Mahal, T-Bone Burnett, Lucinda Williams and Bob Weir. He is a regular at New York City’s Rockwood Music Hall and San Francisco’s American Music Hall. He also performs each year at his first paying gig (age 12) — Oregon Country Fair.