- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 3 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 6 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
EFESTE Rockin’ Sips annual LLS fundraiser
February 27 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$55
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — EFESTE plays host to its largest event of the year, Rockin’ Sips, on Saturday, Feb. 27. The winery will be joined by Long Shadows Vintners, Waters Winery and Black Raven Brewing pouring some of the region’s top wine and beer.
Popular cover band Soul Siren will provide a live performance while guests enjoy nibbles by Italianissimo, Green Apple Catering, and EFESTE’s in-house Old Press catering. A photo booth courtesy of Kapchur Us Photography and a souvenir glass round out the experience.
Participants will also have a chance to win donated items from the winery and other local businesses. The featured “Winemaker for a Day” package valued at $3,500 lets a party of two enjoy a private flight to Prosser with EFESTE owners Kevin and Angela Taylor to experience the EFESTE estate vineyards on Red Mountain. Winemaker Peter Devison will offer a tasting of the grapes and the resulting EFESTE wines. Before departing wine country, dine with the EFESTE family at Wine O’Clock Bar and Bistro in Prosser.
This 21 and older event is $55. The event takes place at EFESTE from 5-8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27.
The Rockin’ Sips story began in 2007 when Joe Taylor, youngest son of Kevin and Angela, was diagnosed with Leukemia at age five. Happily, Joe is cancer free today. Through this experience, the family founded Rockin’ Sips to contribute to medical advances in the fight against cancer. Proceeds from the event benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).
Thanks to the support of the community, more than $84,000 has been raised for LLS to date through the winery.
EFESTE, created in 2005 and pronounced F-S-T, is an acronym for the winery’s original founders: Ferrelli, Smith and Taylor. The winery and tasting room are two blocks north of the Warehouse District.