- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 2 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 3 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Farmer Fizz at Cellar 503
November 11, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$30
PORTLAND, Ore. – Cellar 503 is creating a special evening event Friday, Nov. 11 at its tasting room where guests can discover artisanal sparkling wines made by Oregon growers.
Did you know that most well-known sparkling wine brands can include grapes from dozens of vineyards, blended to be predictable and consistent? That’s fine, but at Cellar 503, we love to celebrate small-production sparkling wines with the unique flavor of a particular time and place.
Among winemakers, those wines are known as “farmer fizz” — are you ready to explore?
We’ll taste wines from Cellar 503 partner winemakers Kramer Vineyards, Rallison Cellars and Roots Wine Company. And we’ll enjoy a lively half-hour Q&A about the making of sparkling wine.
Buy your tickets in advance, and Cellar 503 members save $5 off the ticket price.