- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 4 hours ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 1 day ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 3 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 6 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Fly Fishing Day at Waterbrook Winery
June 18 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pmFree admission
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Just in time for Father’s Day weekend, friends of Waterbrook Winery invite all to its eighth annual Fly Fishing Day on Saturday, June 18, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., a casual, relaxed day on the Waterbrook pond where casters of all ages and abilities can gather and explore this time-honored Northwest tradition.
Festivities include fly-tying instruction, fly-casting classes, a charity silent auction conducted by the Walla Walla Fly Fishers, and a river rafting guide exhibit. The Waterbrook pond is stocked with rainbow trout for catch-and-release fishing. Bring your own rod and be sure to use barbless hooks. Admission is free to all and all ages are welcome. Highlights:
- Members of the Walla Walla Fly Fishers club will answer questions, lead fly-tying techniques and hold casting lessons.
- Waterbrook’s spring menu is available for hungry casters seeking lunch for purchase (choose from Yucatan-style braised pork tacos, burgers, frankfurters, smoked trout salad, a ploughman’s platter, and cheese or charcuterie plates).
- Wine tastings are available for purchase just steps away at Waterbrook’s tasting room (perfect for the non-fishing companions who come along). Relax and view the fly fishing activities on the large outdoor patio or cool off indoors. Families are welcome at the tasting room.
Waterbrook Winery is at 10518 W. Highway 12, Walla Walla. For information, contact 509-522-1262 or [email protected]; www.waterbrook.com.
About Waterbrook Winery – Founded in 1984 in the heart of Walla Walla, Waterbrook is recognized for producing wines that truly exemplify the outstanding vineyard sources in the Columbia Valley. From vineyard to bottle, every detail of production is completed by a passionate team, led by winemaker John Freeman. With more than 150 critical ratings of Best Buys and 90+-point scores, these wines are made in a fruit-forward, food friendly style with wide consumer appeal. Learn more at www.waterbrook.com