- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 14 hours ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 day ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 3 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 1 week ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tulalip dinner seminar features Chris Figgins of Leonetti CellarPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alexana, Chehalem glitter at American Fine Wine Invitational judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Business Monthly profiles Fujishin Family Cellars in Idaho as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Fly Fishing Day at Waterbrook Winery
June 18, 2016 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pmFree admission
WALLA WALLA, Wash. – Just in time for Father’s Day weekend, friends of Waterbrook Winery invite all to its eighth annual Fly Fishing Day on Saturday, June 18, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., a casual, relaxed day on the Waterbrook pond where casters of all ages and abilities can gather and explore this time-honored Northwest tradition.
Festivities include fly-tying instruction, fly-casting classes, a charity silent auction conducted by the Walla Walla Fly Fishers, and a river rafting guide exhibit. The Waterbrook pond is stocked with rainbow trout for catch-and-release fishing. Bring your own rod and be sure to use barbless hooks. Admission is free to all and all ages are welcome. Highlights:
- Members of the Walla Walla Fly Fishers club will answer questions, lead fly-tying techniques and hold casting lessons.
- Waterbrook’s spring menu is available for hungry casters seeking lunch for purchase (choose from Yucatan-style braised pork tacos, burgers, frankfurters, smoked trout salad, a ploughman’s platter, and cheese or charcuterie plates).
- Wine tastings are available for purchase just steps away at Waterbrook’s tasting room (perfect for the non-fishing companions who come along). Relax and view the fly fishing activities on the large outdoor patio or cool off indoors. Families are welcome at the tasting room.
Waterbrook Winery is at 10518 W. Highway 12, Walla Walla. For information, contact 509-522-1262 or firstname.lastname@example.org; www.waterbrook.com.
About Waterbrook Winery – Founded in 1984 in the heart of Walla Walla, Waterbrook is recognized for producing wines that truly exemplify the outstanding vineyard sources in the Columbia Valley. From vineyard to bottle, every detail of production is completed by a passionate team, led by winemaker John Freeman. With more than 150 critical ratings of Best Buys and 90+-point scores, these wines are made in a fruit-forward, food friendly style with wide consumer appeal. Learn more at www.waterbrook.com