- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 1 hour ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 3 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 4 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 5 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Food, wine with chef/author Jill Silverman Hough at Forgeron Cellars
June 8, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$23 - $35
Jill Silverman Hough, a Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author, brings her 100 Perfect Pairings cookbook series to the Forgeron Cellars tasting room in Woodinville wine country.
In a fun, informal dialog, Chef Hough teaches basic food and wine pairing principles, leading guests through an interactive tasting showing how foods and flavors affect how we perceive how wine tastes. Artisan cheese will be paired with three Forgeron current releases, selected by Forgeron Cellars co-owner and winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla. Marie-Eve, who will talk about her food-friendly wines.
No matter how much you already know — or don’t — about pairing food and wine, this event will provide fresh and immediately useful information. Use these straight forward, commonsense concepts, also outlined in your take-home cookbook (100 Perfect Pairings-Small Plates (Wiley) for the rest of your wine drinking days.
Included in the ticket price:
$23 without book
$35 with book
• 100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates Cookbook (A food and wine pairing resource organized by grape type: even those with many cookbooks will find these recipes fresh and new), a $16.95 value
• Artisan cheese pairings with samples of 2011 Forgeron Chardonnay, 2010 Forgeron Merlot, 2010 Forgeron Zinfandel
• $10 Anvil Bucks toward purchase at the winery
For tickets/reservations, contact 509-522-9463 or [email protected]