- Walla Walla wine students cap their success on bottling dayPosted 1 day ago
- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 3 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 5 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 1 week ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Food, wine with chef/author Jill Silverman Hough at Forgeron Cellars
June 8, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$23 - $35
Jill Silverman Hough, a Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author, brings her 100 Perfect Pairings cookbook series to the Forgeron Cellars tasting room in Woodinville wine country.
In a fun, informal dialog, Chef Hough teaches basic food and wine pairing principles, leading guests through an interactive tasting showing how foods and flavors affect how we perceive how wine tastes. Artisan cheese will be paired with three Forgeron current releases, selected by Forgeron Cellars co-owner and winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla. Marie-Eve, who will talk about her food-friendly wines.
No matter how much you already know — or don’t — about pairing food and wine, this event will provide fresh and immediately useful information. Use these straight forward, commonsense concepts, also outlined in your take-home cookbook (100 Perfect Pairings-Small Plates (Wiley) for the rest of your wine drinking days.
Included in the ticket price:
$23 without book
$35 with book
• 100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates Cookbook (A food and wine pairing resource organized by grape type: even those with many cookbooks will find these recipes fresh and new), a $16.95 value
• Artisan cheese pairings with samples of 2011 Forgeron Chardonnay, 2010 Forgeron Merlot, 2010 Forgeron Zinfandel
• $10 Anvil Bucks toward purchase at the winery
For tickets/reservations, contact 509-522-9463 or [email protected]