- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 16 hours ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 2 days ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 5 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 6 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Food, wine with chef/author Jill Silverman Hough at Forgeron Cellars
June 8, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$23 - $35
Jill Silverman Hough, a Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author, brings her 100 Perfect Pairings cookbook series to the Forgeron Cellars tasting room in Woodinville wine country.
In a fun, informal dialog, Chef Hough teaches basic food and wine pairing principles, leading guests through an interactive tasting showing how foods and flavors affect how we perceive how wine tastes. Artisan cheese will be paired with three Forgeron current releases, selected by Forgeron Cellars co-owner and winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla. Marie-Eve, who will talk about her food-friendly wines.
No matter how much you already know — or don’t — about pairing food and wine, this event will provide fresh and immediately useful information. Use these straight forward, commonsense concepts, also outlined in your take-home cookbook (100 Perfect Pairings-Small Plates (Wiley) for the rest of your wine drinking days.
Included in the ticket price:
$23 without book
$35 with book
• 100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates Cookbook (A food and wine pairing resource organized by grape type: even those with many cookbooks will find these recipes fresh and new), a $16.95 value
• Artisan cheese pairings with samples of 2011 Forgeron Chardonnay, 2010 Forgeron Merlot, 2010 Forgeron Zinfandel
• $10 Anvil Bucks toward purchase at the winery
For tickets/reservations, contact 509-522-9463 or [email protected]