- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 2 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 5 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 6 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Food, wine with chef/author Jill Silverman Hough at Forgeron Cellars
June 8, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm$23 - $35
Jill Silverman Hough, a Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author, brings her 100 Perfect Pairings cookbook series to the Forgeron Cellars tasting room in Woodinville wine country.
In a fun, informal dialog, Chef Hough teaches basic food and wine pairing principles, leading guests through an interactive tasting showing how foods and flavors affect how we perceive how wine tastes. Artisan cheese will be paired with three Forgeron current releases, selected by Forgeron Cellars co-owner and winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla. Marie-Eve, who will talk about her food-friendly wines.
No matter how much you already know — or don’t — about pairing food and wine, this event will provide fresh and immediately useful information. Use these straight forward, commonsense concepts, also outlined in your take-home cookbook (100 Perfect Pairings-Small Plates (Wiley) for the rest of your wine drinking days.
Included in the ticket price:
$23 without book
$35 with book
• 100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates Cookbook (A food and wine pairing resource organized by grape type: even those with many cookbooks will find these recipes fresh and new), a $16.95 value
• Artisan cheese pairings with samples of 2011 Forgeron Chardonnay, 2010 Forgeron Merlot, 2010 Forgeron Zinfandel
• $10 Anvil Bucks toward purchase at the winery
For tickets/reservations, contact 509-522-9463 or [email protected]