- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 1 day ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 4 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Gilbert Cellars presents Chatham County Line at Hackett Ranch
August 12 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25
YAKIMA, Wash. – Gilbert Cellars presents Music in the Vines, its sixth annual summer concert series at the Hackett Ranch Amphitheater.
The series includes Seattle New Wave band Nite Wave (June 17), Italian folk/indie fusion Mbrascatu (June 24), Jamaica/New Orleans dance Yogoman Burning Band (July 15), Beatles experience Creme Tangerine (July 29), Americana-based Chatham County Line (Aug. 12) and Indie pop Hey Marseilles (Aug. 19).
Doors open at 5 p.m., and shows begin at 7 p.m. Food vendors on site, and wine for sale by the glass and bottle. Tickets available for all shows $20 presale and $25 day of show exclusively at: http://hackettranchspringshows.brownpapertickets.com/. (A season pass is $110, but just $100 for club members).
Hackett Ranch is a working apple farm and vineyard with gravel roads, gravel footpaths and is exposed to the elements. Boots are best — this place is not friendly to the high heel, so wear them at your own risk. There’s not much for shade, so we recommend a stylish hat, and sunscreen too. Dress for the weather, and like your mama always said: bring a sweater.
Concerts proceed rain or shine. No refunds due to inclement weather.
Seating is festival-style on the amphitheater lawn. Ticket holders enter the field on a “first come, first served” basis. Blankets and/or low beach chairs are permitted either in the lawn or the terraces. High-back chairs (seat higher than 12″ from the ground and/or back is taller than 28″) will be required to move to the back of the lawn.
The Hackett Ranch is home to our family owned winery, our barrel room, The Cave and our lawn-style live music venue, The Amphitheater. Today, you can breathe in the view of vineyards, orchards, and lavender 20 minutes west of downtown Yakima.
It is the perfect setting for a private wine tasting, wedding or Music in the Vines concert. Named for original owners and cattle ranchers, The Hackett Family, the ranch was purchased in 1920 by the first Gilbert to arrive in Yakima — H.M. Gilbert.
The prominent view from the ranch is of Ahtanum Ridge, rising 1,500 feet above the Yakima Valley and part of the Yakima Fold Belt of east-west basalt ridges formed by lava flows 17 million years ago. The ridges are ideal for wine-grape cultivation, creating south-facing slopes, drainage and maximum sun exposure.