- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 10 hours ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 24 hours ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 3 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 1 week ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tulalip dinner seminar features Chris Figgins of Leonetti CellarPosted 2 weeks ago
- Alexana, Chehalem glitter at American Fine Wine Invitational judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Business Monthly profiles Fujishin Family Cellars in Idaho as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Gilbert Cellars presents Hey Marseilles at Hackett Ranch
August 19, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm$25
YAKIMA, Wash. – Gilbert Cellars presents Music in the Vines, its sixth annual summer concert series at the Hackett Ranch Amphitheater.
The series includes Seattle New Wave band Nite Wave (June 17), Italian folk/indie fusion Mbrascatu (June 24), Jamaica/New Orleans dance Yogoman Burning Band (July 15), Beatles experience Creme Tangerine (July 29), Americana-based Chatham County Line (Aug. 12) and Indie pop Hey Marseilles (Aug. 19).
Doors open at 5 p.m., and shows begin at 7 p.m. Food vendors on site, and wine for sale by the glass and bottle. Tickets available for all shows $20 presale and $25 day of show exclusively at: http://hackettranchspringshows.brownpapertickets.com/. (A season pass is $110, but just $100 for club members).
Hackett Ranch is a working apple farm and vineyard with gravel roads, gravel footpaths and is exposed to the elements. Boots are best — this place is not friendly to the high heel, so wear them at your own risk. There’s not much for shade, so we recommend a stylish hat, and sunscreen too. Dress for the weather, and like your mama always said: bring a sweater.
Concerts proceed rain or shine. No refunds due to inclement weather.
Seating is festival-style on the amphitheater lawn. Ticket holders enter the field on a “first come, first served” basis. Blankets and/or low beach chairs are permitted either in the lawn or the terraces. High-back chairs (seat higher than 12″ from the ground and/or back is taller than 28″) will be required to move to the back of the lawn.
The Hackett Ranch is home to our family owned winery, our barrel room, The Cave and our lawn-style live music venue, The Amphitheater. Today, you can breathe in the view of vineyards, orchards, and lavender 20 minutes west of downtown Yakima.
It is the perfect setting for a private wine tasting, wedding or Music in the Vines concert. Named for original owners and cattle ranchers, The Hackett Family, the ranch was purchased in 1920 by the first Gilbert to arrive in Yakima — H.M. Gilbert.
The prominent view from the ranch is of Ahtanum Ridge, rising 1,500 feet above the Yakima Valley and part of the Yakima Fold Belt of east-west basalt ridges formed by lava flows 17 million years ago. The ridges are ideal for wine-grape cultivation, creating south-facing slopes, drainage and maximum sun exposure.