- Auction of Washington Wines climbs to No. 4 in U.S. rankingsPosted 3 days ago
- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 7 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 1 week ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 2 weeks ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
A Guide to Wines of the World seminar with sommelier Dieter Schafer
May 20, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$123
SEATTLE — World-traveler sommelier Dieter Schafer invites you to visit Old World and New World wine regions, including the Pacific Northwest, and taste wines from common and from unusual grape varieties.
The four-week class includes effective tasting techniques, lots of wine vocabulary to help you describe wines, a bit of history and geography of the regions, best wine-buying strategies, wine-and-food pairing guidelines, correct serving techniques and temperature, and hints for proper storing and aging.
There is a tasting with each session. The class meets each Tuesday from May 20 to June 10 from 6-9 pm. Cost is $123 per person, which includes all fees. Preregistration is required via 206-934-5339 or http://www.LearnatSouth.org.
For more info, contact [email protected]