- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 18 hours ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 4 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 5 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
A Guide to Wines of the World seminar with sommelier Dieter Schafer
May 20, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$123
SEATTLE — World-traveler sommelier Dieter Schafer invites you to visit Old World and New World wine regions, including the Pacific Northwest, and taste wines from common and from unusual grape varieties.
The four-week class includes effective tasting techniques, lots of wine vocabulary to help you describe wines, a bit of history and geography of the regions, best wine-buying strategies, wine-and-food pairing guidelines, correct serving techniques and temperature, and hints for proper storing and aging.
There is a tasting with each session. The class meets each Tuesday from May 20 to June 10 from 6-9 pm. Cost is $123 per person, which includes all fees. Preregistration is required via 206-934-5339 or http://www.LearnatSouth.org.
For more info, contact [email protected]