- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 10 hours ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 3 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 5 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 6 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
A Guide to Wines of the World seminar with sommelier Dieter Schafer
May 20, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$123
SEATTLE — World-traveler sommelier Dieter Schafer invites you to visit Old World and New World wine regions, including the Pacific Northwest, and taste wines from common and from unusual grape varieties.
The four-week class includes effective tasting techniques, lots of wine vocabulary to help you describe wines, a bit of history and geography of the regions, best wine-buying strategies, wine-and-food pairing guidelines, correct serving techniques and temperature, and hints for proper storing and aging.
There is a tasting with each session. The class meets each Tuesday from May 20 to June 10 from 6-9 pm. Cost is $123 per person, which includes all fees. Preregistration is required via 206-934-5339 or http://www.LearnatSouth.org.
For more info, contact [email protected]