- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 20 hours ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 2 days ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 3 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 5 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 6 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 2 weeks ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
A Guide to Wines of the World seminar with sommelier Dieter Schafer
May 20, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$123
SEATTLE — World-traveler sommelier Dieter Schafer invites you to visit Old World and New World wine regions, including the Pacific Northwest, and taste wines from common and from unusual grape varieties.
The four-week class includes effective tasting techniques, lots of wine vocabulary to help you describe wines, a bit of history and geography of the regions, best wine-buying strategies, wine-and-food pairing guidelines, correct serving techniques and temperature, and hints for proper storing and aging.
There is a tasting with each session. The class meets each Tuesday from May 20 to June 10 from 6-9 pm. Cost is $123 per person, which includes all fees. Preregistration is required via 206-934-5339 or http://www.LearnatSouth.org.
For more info, contact [email protected]