- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
A Guide to Wines of the World seminar with sommelier Dieter Schafer
May 20, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$123
SEATTLE — World-traveler sommelier Dieter Schafer invites you to visit Old World and New World wine regions, including the Pacific Northwest, and taste wines from common and from unusual grape varieties.
The four-week class includes effective tasting techniques, lots of wine vocabulary to help you describe wines, a bit of history and geography of the regions, best wine-buying strategies, wine-and-food pairing guidelines, correct serving techniques and temperature, and hints for proper storing and aging.
There is a tasting with each session. The class meets each Tuesday from May 20 to June 10 from 6-9 pm. Cost is $123 per person, which includes all fees. Preregistration is required via 206-934-5339 or http://www.LearnatSouth.org.
For more info, contact [email protected]