- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 13 hours ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 2 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 5 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Half Corked Marathon Weekend in Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country
May 27 @ 1:00 pm - May 28 @ 2:00 pm$200
OLIVER, British Columbia — The Half Corked Marathon in British Columbia’s Southern Okanagan Valley has become one of the most highly anticipated events in Canada’s wine country. This race is all about having fun, so if you are looking to set a record, this probably isn’t the event for you.
- A custom welcome bag with goodies and exclusive offers from Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country wineries
- Fine wines and cuisine from local restaurants on the route
- Picnic at the finish line
- Awards ceremony following the race
- Fantastic costumes
- An opportunity to meet the people behind the wines of Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country
- World-class scenery
The weekend begins Friday, May 27 with Half Corked Marathon registration from 1-7 p.m. at the Oliver Visitor Centre, followed by the Primavera.
The race begins at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 28, but tickets are allocated by lottery. The lottery is complete, and those selected have been contacted by email. If you did not receive an email you were not selected in the lottery.
Sample some of the country’s finest wines and cuisine as you wind your way through the vineyards of Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country.
Last year the Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association presented cheques to three local groups including $1,000 to the Oliver Figure Skating Club ($1,000), Oliver Parks and Recreation for the Anyone Can Join program ($3,780) and Spirit of the Game Society supporting underprivileged youth join sports programs and leagues ($3,780).
Primavera is the ultimate pre-race pasta dinner. Enjoy rustic pastas, salads, and your favourite wines from Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country as you dine family-style at a long table amongst rows of budding grapevines. A great evening with friends; both old and new!
This is a not to be missed part of the Half Corked Marathon Weekend. Cost is $80. Get your tickets early as it always sells out.
‘Party! at the Finish Line’
General admission of the Finish Line area is free, but if you have friends and family who would like to participate in the wine tasting and enjoy lunch as well you (or they) can purchase a Finish Line Lunch & Wine Tasting ticket, and the party runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Finish Line Lunch & Wine Tasting Ticket includes a boxed lunch by DoLci Socialhouse, three tasting tokens and souvenir wine glass. Cost is $25. Extra wine tokens can be purchased at the event for $1 each.
There will be a couple of food trucks on site for those who choose not to purchase the Finish Line Lunch & Wine Tasting Ticket. A limited number of wine tasting only tickets will be available at during the afternoon for $20 each (includes 3 tokens & souvenir wine glass).
NOTE: If you have purchased a 2016 HCM ticket your lunch & wine tasting is included.