- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 16 hours ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 2 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 3 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 5 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 1 week ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tulalip dinner seminar features Chris Figgins of Leonetti CellarPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Idaho Preferred’s Dinner in the Orchard
July 13, 2013 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm$2 - $100
CALDWELL, Idaho — Dinner in the Orchard, a new event sponsored by Idaho Preferred to celebrate 10 years of promoting Idaho food and agriculture products, will be held July 13 in Caldwell at Symms Fruit Ranch.
The evening will include an orchard tour, and the meal will be prepared by executive chef Dean Fuller of the Castle Ranch Steakhouse at The Boise Hotel and Conference Center. Dinner will be served within a beautiful cherry orchard overlooking the scenic Snake River Valley.
The meal will feature local meats, produce cheeses and fresh cherries. Winemakers from Bitner, Huston and Zhoo Zhoo will discuss the wines created from vineyards within the Sunny Slope area.
Bus transportation will be provided from Boise and Nampa.
Next year, Symms Fruit Ranch will celebrate its 100th anniversary. The Symms established their farm in 1914 with only 8 acres of fruit trees and row crops. Symms Fruit Ranch is run by the family’s fourth generation and has grown to more than 5,000 acres of fruit trees and farm ground. The ranch employs 100-150 employees depending on the harvest season, and fruit is shipped worldwide.