- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 1 day ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 3 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 7 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Kiln forming class with Morgan Madison in db Studio at Barnard Griffin Winery
September 16, 2016$500
RICHLAND, Wash. – Seattle artist Morgan Madison will lead a four-day class Sept. 16-19 in creative concepts in kiln forming, which will explore the process and techniques he uses to achieve the distinct linear quality and crisp character of his glass wall panels.
Through group exercises and one-on-one attention, we will explore aspects of the creative process from developing ideas and working in the sketchbook to executing work in glass and preparing work for and firing it in the kiln.
Cost is $550, the workshop fee includes instruction and materials. There is a $250 advance required to reserve your spot in the class, which runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
db Studio is a fully appointed kilnformed glass arts studio and teaching facility. It is the only artisan glass studio within a winery. Education is central to the mission of db Studio.
Classes in fused glass are taught at a number of levels from beginner to those more accomplished in the craft.
db Studio at Barnard Griffin Winery
878 Tulip Lane
Richland, WA 99352