- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 20 hours ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 2 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 6 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Kiln forming class with Morgan Madison in db Studio at Barnard Griffin Winery
RICHLAND, Wash. – Seattle artist Morgan Madison will lead a four-day class Sept. 16-19 in creative concepts in kiln forming, which will explore the process and techniques he uses to achieve the distinct linear quality and crisp character of his glass wall panels.
Through group exercises and one-on-one attention, we will explore aspects of the creative process from developing ideas and working in the sketchbook to executing work in glass and preparing work for and firing it in the kiln.
Cost is $550, the workshop fee includes instruction and materials. There is a $250 advance required to reserve your spot in the class, which runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
db Studio is a fully appointed kilnformed glass arts studio and teaching facility. It is the only artisan glass studio within a winery. Education is central to the mission of db Studio.
Classes in fused glass are taught at a number of levels from beginner to those more accomplished in the craft.
db Studio at Barnard Griffin Winery
878 Tulip Lane
Richland, WA 99352