- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 22 hours ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 3 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 4 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 7 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 1 week ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Kiln forming class with Morgan Madison in db Studio at Barnard Griffin Winery
RICHLAND, Wash. – Seattle artist Morgan Madison will lead a four-day class Sept. 16-19 in creative concepts in kiln forming, which will explore the process and techniques he uses to achieve the distinct linear quality and crisp character of his glass wall panels.
Through group exercises and one-on-one attention, we will explore aspects of the creative process from developing ideas and working in the sketchbook to executing work in glass and preparing work for and firing it in the kiln.
Cost is $550, the workshop fee includes instruction and materials. There is a $250 advance required to reserve your spot in the class, which runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.
db Studio is a fully appointed kilnformed glass arts studio and teaching facility. It is the only artisan glass studio within a winery. Education is central to the mission of db Studio.
Classes in fused glass are taught at a number of levels from beginner to those more accomplished in the craft.
db Studio at Barnard Griffin Winery
878 Tulip Lane
Richland, WA 99352