- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 3 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 6 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Long Shadows Vintners winemaker dinner at Alderbrook Resort and Spa
February 1, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$149
UNION, Wash. — Join Alderbrook’s executive chef Lucas Sautter for an evening that will highlight the best in food and wine in what is sure to be an unforgettable dining experience.
Guests are invited to an elegant dinner of thoughtfully prepared dishes with locally sourced ingredients paired alongside seven releases by Long Shadows Vintners of Walla Walla.
Sautter and Alderbrook Resort are profiled as the Match Maker feature in the Winter 2014 edition of Wine Press Northwest magazine.
Each dish will be served with a red or white wine blend to complement its particular flavor profile. Traci McFarlane, sales and hospitality manager for Long Shadows, will be onsite throughout the event to offer insight and background.
Reservations are required, and space is limited.
The social opens with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres, followed by Poet’s Leap 2010 Riesling paired with Char and Grilled Octopus Salad. The second course is Nine Hats 2011 Chardonnay and Pork Cheek Cassoulet. Next is the Nine Hats 2011 Red Blend with Farrow Risotto. The fourth course features the 2011 Pirouette and Pan-Seared Squab.
The featured fifth course is the Feather 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon and a Rosemary Smoked Venison Rack. For dessert is the Sequel 2010 Syrah and Sautter’s Berry Mousse Cake.