- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 4 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 4 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 6 days ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ag Expo seminar features Woodward Canyon’s second generationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Walla Walla wine industry helps raise $26,908 for food bankPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Long Shadows Vintners winemaker dinner at Alderbrook Resort and Spa
February 1, 2014 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$149
UNION, Wash. — Join Alderbrook’s executive chef Lucas Sautter for an evening that will highlight the best in food and wine in what is sure to be an unforgettable dining experience.
Guests are invited to an elegant dinner of thoughtfully prepared dishes with locally sourced ingredients paired alongside seven releases by Long Shadows Vintners of Walla Walla.
Sautter and Alderbrook Resort are profiled as the Match Maker feature in the Winter 2014 edition of Wine Press Northwest magazine.
Each dish will be served with a red or white wine blend to complement its particular flavor profile. Traci McFarlane, sales and hospitality manager for Long Shadows, will be onsite throughout the event to offer insight and background.
Reservations are required, and space is limited.
The social opens with sparkling wine and hors d’oeuvres, followed by Poet’s Leap 2010 Riesling paired with Char and Grilled Octopus Salad. The second course is Nine Hats 2011 Chardonnay and Pork Cheek Cassoulet. Next is the Nine Hats 2011 Red Blend with Farrow Risotto. The fourth course features the 2011 Pirouette and Pan-Seared Squab.
The featured fifth course is the Feather 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon and a Rosemary Smoked Venison Rack. For dessert is the Sequel 2010 Syrah and Sautter’s Berry Mousse Cake.