- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 4 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 6 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Maryhill Winery presents Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy
August 20, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm$55 - $250
GOLDENDALE, Wash. – Summer concerts are returning this summer to Maryhill Winery.
Last year, there were no concerts at the showpiece winery in the Columbia Gorge because of road construction.
Maryhill Winery’s concert amphitheater seats 4,000 people and is perched atop basalt cliffs overlooking the Columbia River and provides stunning views of the Columbia Gorge and Mount Hood. It is owned by Craig and Vicki Leuthold, who founded the winery in 1999.
On Aug. 20, Maryhill Winery presents Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy.
Beck was a guitarist for The Yardbirds in 1965, succeeding Eric Clapton. He later went on to form the Jeff Beck Group. He is best known for I Put a Spell on You and Cause We’ve Ended as Lovers.
Guy is an American blues legend, being described by none other than Clapton as “the best guitar player alive.” He is ranked 30th by Rolling Stone on its top 100 greatest guitarists of all time. Tickets range from $55 to $250.
The concert begins at 7 p.m., with doors opening at 5 p.m.
Concertgoers may purchase Maryhill wine by the glass or bottle. They are welcome to bring their own picnic or purchase food from onsite vendors. All food concessions are cash only.
In addition to premium reserve, reserve and general admission seating, Maryhill Winery also offers box seats that can accommodate up to 10 people. It includes a gourmet picnic basket, two bottles of wine, preferred parking and VIP access. Box seats are sold for all concerts as a package, not for individual shows.
Rail seating also is available on the terrace near the tasting room that overlooks the entire amphitheater. It includes VIP parking and access, a pre-concert dinner and a glass of featured wine. Rail seating costs $160.
Earlier this year, Maryhill Winery won three double gold medals, two best-of-class awards and five gold medals at the fourth annual Cascadia Wine Competition in Hood River, Ore.