- Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer whitePosted 1 hour ago
- Great Northwest Wine wins 4 journalism awardsPosted 19 hours ago
- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 2 days ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 3 days ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 4 days ago
- Seattle sax star Jeff Kashiwa headlines WSU Wine and Jazz FestivalPosted 5 days ago
- Dunham Cellars wins top award at Walla Walla Valley Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Viognier gaining in Northwest popularityPosted 1 week ago
- IPNC welcomes world of Pinot Noir to OregonPosted 1 week ago
- Meredith Smith takes over at Ste. Chapelle in IdahoPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Mother’s Day Artisan Cheese Festival at Westport Winery
May 12, 2013| Free
Westport Winery will host its annual Artisan Cheese Festival every Sunday in May. This festival will include live music from 11 am. to 4 p.m. on all four dates May 5, 12, 19, and 26.
All festival attendees will receive a complimentary regional cheese tasting during their visit. Creameries represented at this event include Golden Glen, Willamette Valley, Rogue, Beechers, Mt. Townsend, and Willapa Hills. Cheese and wine share a long tradition of complementing each other. This is a great opportunity to discover the magic that happens when they meld.
The winery will also be serving complimentary soup to guests of all ages. Those over 21 are welcome to sample up to five of Westport’s 33 award-winning wines for $5. (Wine club members and their guests taste for free.) For those who are under 21 the folks from McNaushton’s Shave Ice will be offering icy treats for sale on May 5, 12, 26 and June 9, during the winery’s Fleur de Lis Festival.
The winery’s restaurant, bakery, nursery and tasting bar will be open for regular service on all of these dates. It is important to note that Mother’s Day is May 12. Those guests who make advance reservations on this date will have the best opportunity to be seated. Walk-ins on this date are not guaranteed seating. Be sure to consider plants from the winery’s nursery for the perfect Mother’s Day gift.