- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 1 day ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 2 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 4 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 6 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Mr. Owl’s Weekend at Reininger Winery
August 22, 2014 @ 10:00 am - August 24, 2014 @ 6:00 pm$5
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Reininger Winery celebrates Mr. Owl’s Weekend, but who is Mr. Owl?
When the Reininger children were very young, they had difficulty pronouncing the name of the nice young man who had just began working with us. Tessa Rose and Reid would walk inside our old tin shackteau at the Walla Walla airport and greet him with “Hello, Mr. Owl!”
This red blend is made in honor of Raul Morfin, who has become our assistant winemaker and is very special to us and Reininger Winery. A percentage of the wine’s proceeds go to the charity of Raul’s choosing — Friends of Farm Labor Homes Community in Walla Walla.
The blend changes with each vintage:
— 2009: Syrah (50%), Merlot (46%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Petit Verdot
— 2008: Merlot (88%), Syrah (7%), Sangiovese (sold out)
— 2002: Merlot (91%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%), Syrah (2%), Cab Franc (1%), Carménère and Sangiovese
During Mr. Owl’s Weekend, library and barrel tastings of our Mr. Owl’s Red will be available. The $5 tasting fee waived with wine purchase.