- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 5 hours ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 1 day ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 4 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Mr. Owl’s Weekend at Reininger Winery
August 22, 2014 @ 10:00 am - August 24, 2014 @ 6:00 pm$5
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Reininger Winery celebrates Mr. Owl’s Weekend, but who is Mr. Owl?
When the Reininger children were very young, they had difficulty pronouncing the name of the nice young man who had just began working with us. Tessa Rose and Reid would walk inside our old tin shackteau at the Walla Walla airport and greet him with “Hello, Mr. Owl!”
This red blend is made in honor of Raul Morfin, who has become our assistant winemaker and is very special to us and Reininger Winery. A percentage of the wine’s proceeds go to the charity of Raul’s choosing — Friends of Farm Labor Homes Community in Walla Walla.
The blend changes with each vintage:
— 2009: Syrah (50%), Merlot (46%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Petit Verdot
— 2008: Merlot (88%), Syrah (7%), Sangiovese (sold out)
— 2002: Merlot (91%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%), Syrah (2%), Cab Franc (1%), Carménère and Sangiovese
During Mr. Owl’s Weekend, library and barrel tastings of our Mr. Owl’s Red will be available. The $5 tasting fee waived with wine purchase.