- Auction of Washington Wines climbs to No. 4 in U.S. rankingsPosted 1 day ago
- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 5 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 6 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Mr. Owl’s Weekend at Reininger Winery
August 22, 2014 @ 10:00 am - August 24, 2014 @ 6:00 pm$5
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Reininger Winery celebrates Mr. Owl’s Weekend, but who is Mr. Owl?
When the Reininger children were very young, they had difficulty pronouncing the name of the nice young man who had just began working with us. Tessa Rose and Reid would walk inside our old tin shackteau at the Walla Walla airport and greet him with “Hello, Mr. Owl!”
This red blend is made in honor of Raul Morfin, who has become our assistant winemaker and is very special to us and Reininger Winery. A percentage of the wine’s proceeds go to the charity of Raul’s choosing — Friends of Farm Labor Homes Community in Walla Walla.
The blend changes with each vintage:
— 2009: Syrah (50%), Merlot (46%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Petit Verdot
— 2008: Merlot (88%), Syrah (7%), Sangiovese (sold out)
— 2002: Merlot (91%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%), Syrah (2%), Cab Franc (1%), Carménère and Sangiovese
During Mr. Owl’s Weekend, library and barrel tastings of our Mr. Owl’s Red will be available. The $5 tasting fee waived with wine purchase.