- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 12 hours ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 2 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 4 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 6 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 7 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Mr. Owl’s Weekend at Reininger Winery
August 22, 2014 @ 10:00 am - August 24, 2014 @ 6:00 pm$5
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Reininger Winery celebrates Mr. Owl’s Weekend, but who is Mr. Owl?
When the Reininger children were very young, they had difficulty pronouncing the name of the nice young man who had just began working with us. Tessa Rose and Reid would walk inside our old tin shackteau at the Walla Walla airport and greet him with “Hello, Mr. Owl!”
This red blend is made in honor of Raul Morfin, who has become our assistant winemaker and is very special to us and Reininger Winery. A percentage of the wine’s proceeds go to the charity of Raul’s choosing — Friends of Farm Labor Homes Community in Walla Walla.
The blend changes with each vintage:
— 2009: Syrah (50%), Merlot (46%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Petit Verdot
— 2008: Merlot (88%), Syrah (7%), Sangiovese (sold out)
— 2002: Merlot (91%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%), Syrah (2%), Cab Franc (1%), Carménère and Sangiovese
During Mr. Owl’s Weekend, library and barrel tastings of our Mr. Owl’s Red will be available. The $5 tasting fee waived with wine purchase.