- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 16 hours ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 5 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 5 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 7 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Mr. Owl’s Weekend at Reininger Winery
August 22, 2014 @ 10:00 am - August 24, 2014 @ 6:00 pm$5
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Reininger Winery celebrates Mr. Owl’s Weekend, but who is Mr. Owl?
When the Reininger children were very young, they had difficulty pronouncing the name of the nice young man who had just began working with us. Tessa Rose and Reid would walk inside our old tin shackteau at the Walla Walla airport and greet him with “Hello, Mr. Owl!”
This red blend is made in honor of Raul Morfin, who has become our assistant winemaker and is very special to us and Reininger Winery. A percentage of the wine’s proceeds go to the charity of Raul’s choosing — Friends of Farm Labor Homes Community in Walla Walla.
The blend changes with each vintage:
— 2009: Syrah (50%), Merlot (46%), Cabernet Sauvignon (2%), Petit Verdot
— 2008: Merlot (88%), Syrah (7%), Sangiovese (sold out)
— 2002: Merlot (91%), Cabernet Sauvignon (5%), Syrah (2%), Cab Franc (1%), Carménère and Sangiovese
During Mr. Owl’s Weekend, library and barrel tastings of our Mr. Owl’s Red will be available. The $5 tasting fee waived with wine purchase.