- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 20 hours ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 2 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 3 days ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 4 days ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 4 days ago
- Second generation leads Oregon’s Elk Cove VineyardsPosted 6 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines resumes ThursdayPosted 7 days ago
- Washington’s 2016 wine grape harvest kicks offPosted 1 week ago
- Verjus adds tart joy to food from unripe wine grapesPosted 1 week ago
- Tip a glass of pink to celebrate International Rosé DayPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Newport Seafood & Wine Festival
February 25 - February 28$15 - $32
NEWPORT, Ore. — The Newport Seafood & Wine Festival, established in 1978, has attracted visitors from around the world to the central Oregon coast.
As many as 50 Pacific Northwest wineries pour some of the best wines, while culinary professionals serve delectable delights. Artists and craftsmen showcase a variety of fine art, sculpture, photography, pottery and jewelry.
This marks the 30th year of the commercial wine competition, which generated 167 entries in 2015. There also will be an amateur competition, capped at 75 entries.
The 2016 festival will be:
- Thursday, Feb 25: 5-9 p.m.
- Friday, Feb 26: noon-9 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb 27: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb 28: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.