- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Northwest Wine Encounter at Semiahmoo
April 15 - April 17$375
BLAINE, Wash. — The inaugural Northwest Wine Encounter features a weekend of wine, food and education with winemakers Bob Betz and Louis Skinner of Betz Family Winery, Darel Allwine of Col Solare, Chris Upchurch of DeLille Cellars and Joe Dobbes of Dobbes Family Estate at beautiful Semiahmoo Resort, Golf and Spa.
The weekend begins Friday evening with a wine reception allowing guests not only a chance to sample some of the vintners’ favorite wines, but also the opportunity to get to learn the stories behind the wines from the vintners.
Saturday’s schedule opens with winemaker-led seminars covering Oregon Pinot Noir, Washington Syrah, Northwest white wines and prestigious Red Mountain. It concludes with an intimate, five-course winemakers’ dinner on the Peace Arch Dock and Tent with Semiahmoo culinary director Roy Breiman and executive chef Bruno Feldeisen.
Seattle Times wine columnist Andy Perdue will serve as the master of ceremonies and answer questions from attendees. Guests will get the opportunity to sleep in Sunday before winemakers from each winery close out the weekend with a seminar on white wines.
Friday, April 15
4-7 p.m. – Arrival, check-in and resort activities at leisure
6:30-8 p.m. – Casual tasting with the opportunity to mingle with the Northwest’s top winemakers and wine experts
9 p.m. – Private beach bonfire for Northwest Wine Encounter guests
Saturday, April 16
9:30 a.m. – Opening remarks for the inaugural Northwest Wine Encounter
10-11 a.m. – Joe Dobbes from Oregon’s Dobbes Family Estate will explore four American Viticultural Areas using Pinot Noir
1-2 p.m. – Seminar on Washington Syrah with Betz Family Winery and DeLille Cellars
2-3 p.m. – Guided bird watching tour on the Semiahmoo Spit
3:30-4:30 p.m. – Col Solare and DeLille Cellars will lead discussion on Washington’s exclusive Red Mountain growing region
7 p.m. – Winemaker dinner with Seattle Times wine columnist Andy Perdue, who will deliver a keynote address
Sunday, April 17
10-11:30 a.m. – White wines from Chateau Ste. Michelle, DeLille Cellars and Dobbes Family Estate (Grenache Blanc) will cap the Northwest Wine Encounter.
Cost is $375 per person, which includes overnight stay, excludes tax and gratuity