- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 2 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Okanagan Fall Wine Festival
October 1, 2015 @ 7:00 am - October 11, 2015 @ 5:00 pmCost varies
The Okanagan Fall Wine Festival ranks as one of North America’s largest celebrations of food and wine, spanning 10 days and two weekends in British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan Valley.
The festival begins with the British Columbia Wine Awards and Reception, the province’s oldest wine judging competition. A group of the continent’s most experienced wine judges spend four days in the Okanagan judging the wines and the results are unveiled to the world at this event.
That’s followed up by the two-day WestJet Wine Tastings, which is viewed as one of the best and safest wine parties the region. The Rotary Centre for the Arts serves as the funky setting to taste over 250 wines all under one roof.
There’s also the Blind Wine & Cheese Party. Organizers will level out the playing field for both beginner and oenophile as guests will try to guess which wines will be poured with covered labels and unique cheeses from Dairy Farmers of Canada will be served blind. Winners and losers alike will be recognized.
The festival is capped by Cropped… by Valley First, The Grand Finale, which is billed as the province’s largest wine tasting and farmers market. It features more than 80 wineries and a real farmers market on Thanksgiving.