- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 1 day ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 2 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 3 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 5 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Okanagan Fall Wine Festival
October 1, 2015 @ 7:00 am - October 11, 2015 @ 5:00 pmCost varies
The Okanagan Fall Wine Festival ranks as one of North America’s largest celebrations of food and wine, spanning 10 days and two weekends in British Columbia’s beautiful Okanagan Valley.
The festival begins with the British Columbia Wine Awards and Reception, the province’s oldest wine judging competition. A group of the continent’s most experienced wine judges spend four days in the Okanagan judging the wines and the results are unveiled to the world at this event.
That’s followed up by the two-day WestJet Wine Tastings, which is viewed as one of the best and safest wine parties the region. The Rotary Centre for the Arts serves as the funky setting to taste over 250 wines all under one roof.
There’s also the Blind Wine & Cheese Party. Organizers will level out the playing field for both beginner and oenophile as guests will try to guess which wines will be poured with covered labels and unique cheeses from Dairy Farmers of Canada will be served blind. Winners and losers alike will be recognized.
The festival is capped by Cropped… by Valley First, The Grand Finale, which is billed as the province’s largest wine tasting and farmers market. It features more than 80 wineries and a real farmers market on Thanksgiving.