- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 3 hours ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 22 hours ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 3 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 4 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Olympic Peninsula Wineries annual Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour
May 3, 2014 @ 11:00 am - May 4, 2014 @ 5:00 pm$30
Say cheese! Or, better yet, local cheese — the culinary operative for the Olympic Peninsula Wineries’ annual Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour.
Food and wine enthusiasts are invited to enjoy sipping and savoring new wine releases and ciders paired with a variety of cheeses crafted by local artisan creameries, while reveling in the sights and sounds of nature reawakening on the scenic Olympic Peninsula.
“Washington is home to a number of award-winning cheesemakers,” says Vicki Corson, president of the Olympic Peninsula Wineries Association, “some of which are internationally renowned. During the Northwest Wine & Cheese Tour, the Olympic Peninsula Wineries and nine local creameries will treat visitors to a truly local culinary experience, with interesting pairings that provide an authentic sense of place.”
Tickets may be purchased via PayPal and at participating wineries during the event. The $30 ticket and glass package entitles you to a special commemorative wine glass, complimentary wine tasting at all nine OPW Wineries and delectable samples of cheese at each winery during the NW Wine & Cheese Weekend.
This event does not take place at one location. You travel from winery to winery, visiting the ones you are interested in exploring.
Tickets are not required to attend this event, however, a $5.00 wine tasting fee will be charged at each winery for non-ticketed visitors. You must be 21 or over to purchase tickets and/or participate in wine tasting. All ticket sales are non-refundable.
The Olympic Peninsula Wineries encourage responsible wine touring and recommend that you have a designated driver in your group. Designated drivers will be offered other beverages to drink and are invited to enjoy all cheese samples at each winery.