- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 13 hours ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 2 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 6 days ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 1 week ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Olympic Peninsula Wineries Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour
April 30, 2016 @ 11:00 am - May 1, 2016 @ 5:00 pm$35
From new release red wines and ciders to locally made artisan cheeses, the Olympic Peninsula Wineries’ Northwest Wine and Cheese Tour will treat your taste buds to a realm of seasonal delights.
Wineries and cideries from Chimacum to Port Townsend to Port Angeles will partner with local cheesemakers to create unique pairings that signify the flavors of the region, complemented by tasty tidbits prepared by local culinary talent. This savory event will take place Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Wine specials will be available throughout the weekend.
Featured wineries include Camaraderie, Eaglemount, Finnriver, Harbinger, Lullaby, Marrowstone, Olympic and Wind Rose.
“Our regional cheese-makers are producing some fantastic goat, sheep and cow milk cheeses that pair exceptionally well with our new wine releases,” says Vicki Corson, president of the Olympic Peninsula Wineries Association. “We invite wine lovers from around the Sound to come and discover some new favorites.”
Online ticket are available on Eventbrite until 6 p.m. April 29 for $35 plus service fees. Remaining tickets may be purchased at participating wineries during the event for $40. The ticket and glass package entitles you to a special commemorative wine glass, complimentary wine tasting at all 10 Olympic Peninsula Wineries members and delectable samples of cheese at each winery during the NW Wine and Cheese Weekend.
This event does not take place at one location. You travel from winery to winery, visiting the ones you are interested in exploring. Tickets are not required to attend this event. A $7 wine tasting fee will be charged at each winery for non-ticketed visitors. You must be 21 or over to purchase tickets and/or participate in wine tasting.