- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 12 hours ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 24 hours ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 3 days ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 4 days ago
- Telaya begins new chapter for Idaho winePosted 5 days ago
- Champoux champions Marquette grape in retirementPosted 5 days ago
- Cab is king at this year’s Celebrate Walla WallaPosted 6 days ago
- Great Northwest white winesPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon coast town gears up for Savor Cannon BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Small Washington wineries ask state for tax breakPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Oregon Wine Experience
August 19, 2015 @ 8:00 am - August 23, 2015 @ 5:00 pm| Price varies
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — More than 50 wineries and 200 wines will be represented during the 13th annual Oregon Wine Experience on Aug. 19-23 at Bigham Knoll in Jacksonville.
The Oregon Wine Experience, formerly known as the Southern Oregon World of Wine Festival, includes the Medal Celebration and Barrel Auction on Aug. 19, a series of sensory clinics, vintners dinners Aug. 20-21, the Miracle Auction and Salmon Bake on Aug. 22, and the Grand Tasting on Aug. 23 in Bigham Knoll’s big tent.
Event founders Joe Ginet of Plaisance Ranch in Williams, Lee Mankin of Carpenter Hill Vineyard in Medford and Cal Schmidt of Schmidt Family Vineyards in Grants Pass started a wine competition during the third year of the festival at Del Rio Vineyards in Gold Hill.
The festival moved to the Bigham Knoll Campus in Jacksonville in 2011. Last year, Asante Health System’s Foundation partnered with Southern Oregon wineries to manage the event as their signature fundraising effort for the year.