- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 7 hours ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 23 hours ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 2 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 3 days ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 4 days ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 5 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell stand out at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Powers Winery to hold Renewable Energy Farm WalkPosted 1 week ago
- After 30 vintages, Joe Dobbes still fascinated by Pinot NoirPosted 1 week ago
- Feds establish Lewis-Clark Valley AVA, modify Columbia ValleyPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Oregon Wine Experience
August 19, 2015 @ 8:00 am - August 23, 2015 @ 5:00 pm| Price varies
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — More than 50 wineries and 200 wines will be represented during the 13th annual Oregon Wine Experience on Aug. 19-23 at Bigham Knoll in Jacksonville.
The Oregon Wine Experience, formerly known as the Southern Oregon World of Wine Festival, includes the Medal Celebration and Barrel Auction on Aug. 19, a series of sensory clinics, vintners dinners Aug. 20-21, the Miracle Auction and Salmon Bake on Aug. 22, and the Grand Tasting on Aug. 23 in Bigham Knoll’s big tent.
Event founders Joe Ginet of Plaisance Ranch in Williams, Lee Mankin of Carpenter Hill Vineyard in Medford and Cal Schmidt of Schmidt Family Vineyards in Grants Pass started a wine competition during the third year of the festival at Del Rio Vineyards in Gold Hill.
The festival moved to the Bigham Knoll Campus in Jacksonville in 2011. Last year, Asante Health System’s Foundation partnered with Southern Oregon wineries to manage the event as their signature fundraising effort for the year.