- Washington wines inspired by BordeauxPosted 3 hours ago
- McMenamins use historic Gearhart Golf Links to promote Oregon Wine MonthPosted 9 hours ago
- Oregon’s Reustle scores again in California wine judgingPosted 2 days ago
- Telaya Wine Co. follows up awards with Boise River tasting roomPosted 3 days ago
- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 4 days ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 5 days ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 6 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 1 week ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Oregon Wine Experience
August 19, 2015 @ 8:00 am - August 23, 2015 @ 5:00 pm| Price varies
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — More than 50 wineries and 200 wines will be represented during the 13th annual Oregon Wine Experience on Aug. 19-23 at Bigham Knoll in Jacksonville.
The Oregon Wine Experience, formerly known as the Southern Oregon World of Wine Festival, includes the Medal Celebration and Barrel Auction on Aug. 19, a series of sensory clinics, vintners dinners Aug. 20-21, the Miracle Auction and Salmon Bake on Aug. 22, and the Grand Tasting on Aug. 23 in Bigham Knoll’s big tent.
Event founders Joe Ginet of Plaisance Ranch in Williams, Lee Mankin of Carpenter Hill Vineyard in Medford and Cal Schmidt of Schmidt Family Vineyards in Grants Pass started a wine competition during the third year of the festival at Del Rio Vineyards in Gold Hill.
The festival moved to the Bigham Knoll Campus in Jacksonville in 2011. Last year, Asante Health System’s Foundation partnered with Southern Oregon wineries to manage the event as their signature fundraising effort for the year.