- Cooler temperatures put brakes on Washington’s 2016 vintagePosted 22 hours ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 2 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 3 days ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 5 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 7 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 1 week ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 1 week ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Oregon Wine Experience
August 19, 2015 @ 8:00 am - August 23, 2015 @ 5:00 pm| Price varies
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — More than 50 wineries and 200 wines will be represented during the 13th annual Oregon Wine Experience on Aug. 19-23 at Bigham Knoll in Jacksonville.
The Oregon Wine Experience, formerly known as the Southern Oregon World of Wine Festival, includes the Medal Celebration and Barrel Auction on Aug. 19, a series of sensory clinics, vintners dinners Aug. 20-21, the Miracle Auction and Salmon Bake on Aug. 22, and the Grand Tasting on Aug. 23 in Bigham Knoll’s big tent.
Event founders Joe Ginet of Plaisance Ranch in Williams, Lee Mankin of Carpenter Hill Vineyard in Medford and Cal Schmidt of Schmidt Family Vineyards in Grants Pass started a wine competition during the third year of the festival at Del Rio Vineyards in Gold Hill.
The festival moved to the Bigham Knoll Campus in Jacksonville in 2011. Last year, Asante Health System’s Foundation partnered with Southern Oregon wineries to manage the event as their signature fundraising effort for the year.