- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 5 hours ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 1 day ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 2 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 4 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 6 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 1 week ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Otis Kenyon Winery: Public debut of Merlot
July 27, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Otis Kenyon’s Woodinville wine tasting room, in the Applefarm Village Wine Garden across from the Hollywood Schoolhouse, will release the 2010 Merlot.
“Oh how we love this Merlot!” Spring flavors of lilac, apple blossom, fresh cut grass and eucalyptus mingle with the heartier aromas of ginger, toffee, blackberry vine, and smoke. How the autumnal components don’t overshadow the lighter notes, we do not know, but we dig it .
This Merlot is silky smooth in the mouth with great acid, plenty of dark black cherry and a touch of ash. You could pair this wine with the most decadent chocolate or a plate of capicola and figs – or, you can enjoy a glass over hours as it develops and evolves.