- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 10 hours ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 4 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 5 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Otis Kenyon Winery: Public debut of Merlot
July 27, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Otis Kenyon’s Woodinville wine tasting room, in the Applefarm Village Wine Garden across from the Hollywood Schoolhouse, will release the 2010 Merlot.
“Oh how we love this Merlot!” Spring flavors of lilac, apple blossom, fresh cut grass and eucalyptus mingle with the heartier aromas of ginger, toffee, blackberry vine, and smoke. How the autumnal components don’t overshadow the lighter notes, we do not know, but we dig it .
This Merlot is silky smooth in the mouth with great acid, plenty of dark black cherry and a touch of ash. You could pair this wine with the most decadent chocolate or a plate of capicola and figs – or, you can enjoy a glass over hours as it develops and evolves.