- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 5 hours ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 1 day ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 5 days ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 1 week ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 1 week ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Otis Kenyon Winery: Public debut of Merlot
July 27, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Otis Kenyon’s Woodinville wine tasting room, in the Applefarm Village Wine Garden across from the Hollywood Schoolhouse, will release the 2010 Merlot.
“Oh how we love this Merlot!” Spring flavors of lilac, apple blossom, fresh cut grass and eucalyptus mingle with the heartier aromas of ginger, toffee, blackberry vine, and smoke. How the autumnal components don’t overshadow the lighter notes, we do not know, but we dig it .
This Merlot is silky smooth in the mouth with great acid, plenty of dark black cherry and a touch of ash. You could pair this wine with the most decadent chocolate or a plate of capicola and figs – or, you can enjoy a glass over hours as it develops and evolves.