- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 2 hours ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 22 hours ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 5 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 7 days ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Otis Kenyon Winery: Public debut of Merlot
July 27, 2013 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pmFree
WOODINVILLE, Wash. — Otis Kenyon’s Woodinville wine tasting room, in the Applefarm Village Wine Garden across from the Hollywood Schoolhouse, will release the 2010 Merlot.
“Oh how we love this Merlot!” Spring flavors of lilac, apple blossom, fresh cut grass and eucalyptus mingle with the heartier aromas of ginger, toffee, blackberry vine, and smoke. How the autumnal components don’t overshadow the lighter notes, we do not know, but we dig it .
This Merlot is silky smooth in the mouth with great acid, plenty of dark black cherry and a touch of ash. You could pair this wine with the most decadent chocolate or a plate of capicola and figs – or, you can enjoy a glass over hours as it develops and evolves.