- Silvara Vineyards’ Malbec best in North Central WashingtonPosted 22 hours ago
- History runs deep in soils of Yakima Valley wine countryPosted 2 days ago
- Del Rio Vineyards offers free U-pick flowers to those who givePosted 3 days ago
- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 5 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 6 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 7 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 1 week ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Salt Tasting
February 17, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that — like wine — depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Salt is a ubiquitous ingredient in our lives, but is so much more than the product
you buy at the grocery store. Salt can be a revelation. Explore an array of artisan salts by joining acclaimed selmelier Mark Bitterman of The Meadow in Portland for a special salt tasting seminar at Penner-Ash. Experience the unique characteristics of site-specific salts from around the world with
simple, yet exceptional, pairings. Nourish your inner salt enthusiast.