- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 21 hours ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 2 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 3 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 5 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 6 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Salt Tasting
February 17, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that — like wine — depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Salt is a ubiquitous ingredient in our lives, but is so much more than the product
you buy at the grocery store. Salt can be a revelation. Explore an array of artisan salts by joining acclaimed selmelier Mark Bitterman of The Meadow in Portland for a special salt tasting seminar at Penner-Ash. Experience the unique characteristics of site-specific salts from around the world with
simple, yet exceptional, pairings. Nourish your inner salt enthusiast.