- St. Hubertus Riesling tops Best of Varietal for British Columbia winePosted 3 hours ago
- King Estate seeks status as largest biodynamic vineyard in U.S.Posted 1 day ago
- Marcus Notaro builds Red Mountain-Napa Valley connectionPosted 2 days ago
- Elite producers prepare for Woodinville Reserve celebrationPosted 3 days ago
- Prosser’s Wit Cellars ready to launchPosted 4 days ago
- Smasne, Tudor buy former Olsen winery in ProsserPosted 5 days ago
- Great value reds from Great NorthwestPosted 6 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell stand out at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Powers Winery to hold Renewable Energy Farm WalkPosted 1 week ago
- After 30 vintages, Joe Dobbes still fascinated by Pinot NoirPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Salt Tasting
February 17, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $20
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that — like wine — depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Salt is a ubiquitous ingredient in our lives, but is so much more than the product
you buy at the grocery store. Salt can be a revelation. Explore an array of artisan salts by joining acclaimed selmelier Mark Bitterman of The Meadow in Portland for a special salt tasting seminar at Penner-Ash. Experience the unique characteristics of site-specific salts from around the world with
simple, yet exceptional, pairings. Nourish your inner salt enthusiast.