- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 2 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 4 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 6 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Salt Tasting
February 17, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that — like wine — depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Salt is a ubiquitous ingredient in our lives, but is so much more than the product
you buy at the grocery store. Salt can be a revelation. Explore an array of artisan salts by joining acclaimed selmelier Mark Bitterman of The Meadow in Portland for a special salt tasting seminar at Penner-Ash. Experience the unique characteristics of site-specific salts from around the world with
simple, yet exceptional, pairings. Nourish your inner salt enthusiast.