- Oregon’s Reustle scores again in California wine judgingPosted 21 hours ago
- Telaya Wine Co. follows up awards with Boise River tasting roomPosted 2 days ago
- Mercer Estates opens wine bar at KeyArenaPosted 3 days ago
- Red Mountain winemakers taste mechanically harvested CabPosted 4 days ago
- Oregon wineries embrace Memorial Day weekendPosted 5 days ago
- Washington’s Great Cabernet SauvignonsPosted 6 days ago
- WillaKenzie Estate to renew Food Truck WeekendsPosted 7 days ago
- Oregon Wine Board publishes its first touring guidePosted 1 week ago
- Rise and fall of Washington LembergerPosted 1 week ago
- Seattle gears up for Riesling Rendezvous in JulyPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Salt Tasting
February 17, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $20
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that — like wine — depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Salt is a ubiquitous ingredient in our lives, but is so much more than the product
you buy at the grocery store. Salt can be a revelation. Explore an array of artisan salts by joining acclaimed selmelier Mark Bitterman of The Meadow in Portland for a special salt tasting seminar at Penner-Ash. Experience the unique characteristics of site-specific salts from around the world with
simple, yet exceptional, pairings. Nourish your inner salt enthusiast.