- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 1 day ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 3 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 5 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 6 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Smith Teas
February 24, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20.00
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that—like wine—depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Sunday, February 24th 2013 at 2pm: Smith Teas
Like wine, tea to many is a way of life. Although simply grown and harvested, tea
is a drink full of flavor complexities and nuances. Join Penner-Ash as they
welcome Steve Smith, master teamaker of Steven Smith Teamaker, located in
Portland, and spend an afternoon exploring the world of tea. Discover tea’s
unique attributes, character, and benefits in this fun and lively seminar hosted by
Steve at the winery. A tasting of various teas and blends will be accompanied by
simple, quality food pairings.