- Kiona remains Washington’s Lemberger championPosted 12 hours ago
- British Columbia wines dominate Los Angeles International Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Washington grapes start to change color as ‘veraison’ beginsPosted 3 days ago
- Sauvignon Blanc a perfect Northwest summer whitePosted 4 days ago
- Great Northwest Wine wins 4 journalism awardsPosted 4 days ago
- Washington grape growers bullish on warm ’16 vintagePosted 6 days ago
- Husband/wife team make Tightrope Winery a destination in British ColumbiaPosted 7 days ago
- Celebrate Walla Walla a sold-out successPosted 1 week ago
- Seattle sax star Jeff Kashiwa headlines WSU Wine and Jazz FestivalPosted 1 week ago
- Dunham Cellars wins top award at Walla Walla Valley Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Smith Teas
February 24, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $20.00
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that—like wine—depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Sunday, February 24th 2013 at 2pm: Smith Teas
Like wine, tea to many is a way of life. Although simply grown and harvested, tea
is a drink full of flavor complexities and nuances. Join Penner-Ash as they
welcome Steve Smith, master teamaker of Steven Smith Teamaker, located in
Portland, and spend an afternoon exploring the world of tea. Discover tea’s
unique attributes, character, and benefits in this fun and lively seminar hosted by
Steve at the winery. A tasting of various teas and blends will be accompanied by
simple, quality food pairings.