- Auction of Washington Wines climbs to No. 4 in U.S. rankingsPosted 2 days ago
- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 5 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 6 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Smith Teas
February 24, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20.00
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that—like wine—depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Sunday, February 24th 2013 at 2pm: Smith Teas
Like wine, tea to many is a way of life. Although simply grown and harvested, tea
is a drink full of flavor complexities and nuances. Join Penner-Ash as they
welcome Steve Smith, master teamaker of Steven Smith Teamaker, located in
Portland, and spend an afternoon exploring the world of tea. Discover tea’s
unique attributes, character, and benefits in this fun and lively seminar hosted by
Steve at the winery. A tasting of various teas and blends will be accompanied by
simple, quality food pairings.