- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 13 hours ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 2 days ago
- Telaya begins new chapter for Idaho winePosted 3 days ago
- Champoux champions Marquette grape in retirementPosted 3 days ago
- Cab is king at this year’s Celebrate Walla WallaPosted 4 days ago
- Great Northwest white winesPosted 6 days ago
- Oregon coast town gears up for Savor Cannon BeachPosted 7 days ago
- Small Washington wineries ask state for tax breakPosted 1 week ago
- Seattle Wine and Food Experience a global opportunityPosted 1 week ago
- California company buys Walla Walla’s Seven Hills WineryPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Smith Teas
February 24, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $20.00
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that—like wine—depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Sunday, February 24th 2013 at 2pm: Smith Teas
Like wine, tea to many is a way of life. Although simply grown and harvested, tea
is a drink full of flavor complexities and nuances. Join Penner-Ash as they
welcome Steve Smith, master teamaker of Steven Smith Teamaker, located in
Portland, and spend an afternoon exploring the world of tea. Discover tea’s
unique attributes, character, and benefits in this fun and lively seminar hosted by
Steve at the winery. A tasting of various teas and blends will be accompanied by
simple, quality food pairings.