- Pebblestone Cellars rocks Viognier again at Oregon Wine CompetitionPosted 16 hours ago
- Robin Pollard: from Washington wine boss to grape growerPosted 2 days ago
- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 3 days ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 4 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 5 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 6 days ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 6 days ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 1 week ago
- Second generation leads Oregon’s Elk Cove VineyardsPosted 1 week ago
- Auction of Washington Wines resumes ThursdayPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Penner-Ash Sunday Artisan Seminar Series: Smith Teas
February 24, 2013 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$20.00
On three Sundays in February, Lynn and Ron Penner-Ash invite you to explore
artisan crafts that—like wine—depend on nuance, regional variety and an
expertise in process. Learn about the subtleties and variations of coffee, salt, and tea from local artisan masters Paul Allen and Pete Miller of Caravan Coffee, Mark Bitterman of The Meadow, and Steve Smith of Steven Smith Teamaker. Then enjoy a tasting of Penner-Ash wines at the end of each seminar.
Sunday, February 24th 2013 at 2pm: Smith Teas
Like wine, tea to many is a way of life. Although simply grown and harvested, tea
is a drink full of flavor complexities and nuances. Join Penner-Ash as they
welcome Steve Smith, master teamaker of Steven Smith Teamaker, located in
Portland, and spend an afternoon exploring the world of tea. Discover tea’s
unique attributes, character, and benefits in this fun and lively seminar hosted by
Steve at the winery. A tasting of various teas and blends will be accompanied by
simple, quality food pairings.