- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 10 hours ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 2 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 3 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 5 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 7 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Poncho Sanchez and his Latin Jazz Band to perform at Waterbrook Winery
May 31, 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm$40
WALLA WALLA, Wash.— Grammy Award-winning Latin jazz legend Poncho Sanchez will perform at Waterbrook Winery on presented by the non-profit cultural arts organization PDX Jazz.
For more than three decades as both a leader and a sideman, Grammy Award-winning percussionist Poncho Sanchez has been described as a kaleidoscopic swirl of Latin jazz, swing, bebop and salsa. By his teen years, his musical consciousness had been solidified by the likes of John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Cal Tjader, Mongo Santamaría, and James Brown.
Sanchez, who recently celebrated his 30th anniversary as a Concord Picanteartist with the release Live in Hollywood, returns to the Pacific Northwest for his first performances since his memorable 2011 Portland Jazz Festival appearance. The master conguero will be joined by his acclaimed eight-piece Latin Jazz Band.
Tickets are $40 general admission with seating on the lawn with blankets and low sand chairs; rear patio viewing access is also available. No outside food and beverages, please. This is a family-friendly show. Children 12 and under are admitted free.
Select VIP table seating is available in a prime viewing area at $50 per seat or $400 per tables of eight seats; only eight VIP tables are available. VIP tickets also include a wine tasting at the Waterbrook tasting room (must be age 21 or older with ID). Visit www.pdxjazz.com for tickets.
Available for separate purchases are Latin-inspired cuisine by Waterbrook Winery executive chef Andrew Oldham, select white and red Waterbrook wines by the glass and bottle and featured craft beers by North Coast Brewing Company.
For those traveling into Walla Walla, discounted hotel blocks are available using code PDXJazz at both the Marcus Whitman Hotel and the Hampton Inn & Suites.
PDX Jazz, a non-profit cultural arts organization founded in 2003 in partnership with Travel Portland, produces the annual Portland Jazz Festival. The organization’s mission is to inspire, educate and develop future jazz audiences for generations to come.
The Portland Jazz Festival is a multi-venue series of jazz events presented each February within Portland, Oregon. Nationally and regionally supported as a cultural tourism initiative in celebration of Black History Month, Portland Jazz Festival is dedicated to preserving America’s indigenous art form by presenting internationally recognized jazz masters alongside local jazz musicians. Learn more at www.pdxjazz.com
Founded in 1984 in Walla Walla, Waterbrook Winery is recognized for producing wines that truly exemplify the outstanding vineyard sources in the Columbia Valley. From vineyard to bottle, every detail of production is completed by a passionate team, led by winemaker John Freeman.