- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 14 hours ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 2 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 3 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 4 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 6 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- Walla Walla builds on reputation as wine destinationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Seattle sommelier Dieter Schafer offers 3-week wine tasting primer
January 26, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$106
SEATTLE — Learn how to taste wine knowledgeably and accurately describe what you are tasting with this beginners’ class at South Seattle College conducted by Dieter Schafer, a certified educator and sommelier from Mercer Island.
Explore wine types, grapes, varietals, and wine regions of the world, as you learn the basics of reading a wine label. Gain hints for smart buying, proper storing and aging. The course will also include a discussion of wine-and-food pairing, what matches well, what doesn’t, and why. Tasting each session. For details please go to winedieter.wordpress.com.
The trio of three-hour segments run on 6-9 p.m. consecutive Tuesdays starting Jan. 26 and ending Feb. 9.
Cost is $106 per person, with all fees included. Preregistration is required 206-934-5339 or LearnatSouth.org.