- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 8 hours ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 day ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 5 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 1 week ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Seattle sommelier Dieter Schafer offers 3-week wine tasting primer
January 26 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$106
SEATTLE — Learn how to taste wine knowledgeably and accurately describe what you are tasting with this beginners’ class at South Seattle College conducted by Dieter Schafer, a certified educator and sommelier from Mercer Island.
Explore wine types, grapes, varietals, and wine regions of the world, as you learn the basics of reading a wine label. Gain hints for smart buying, proper storing and aging. The course will also include a discussion of wine-and-food pairing, what matches well, what doesn’t, and why. Tasting each session. For details please go to winedieter.wordpress.com.
The trio of three-hour segments run on 6-9 p.m. consecutive Tuesdays starting Jan. 26 and ending Feb. 9.
Cost is $106 per person, with all fees included. Preregistration is required 206-934-5339 or LearnatSouth.org.