- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 8 hours ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 2 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 5 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Seattle sommelier Dieter Schafer offers 3-week wine tasting primer
January 26 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$106
SEATTLE — Learn how to taste wine knowledgeably and accurately describe what you are tasting with this beginners’ class at South Seattle College conducted by Dieter Schafer, a certified educator and sommelier from Mercer Island.
Explore wine types, grapes, varietals, and wine regions of the world, as you learn the basics of reading a wine label. Gain hints for smart buying, proper storing and aging. The course will also include a discussion of wine-and-food pairing, what matches well, what doesn’t, and why. Tasting each session. For details please go to winedieter.wordpress.com.
The trio of three-hour segments run on 6-9 p.m. consecutive Tuesdays starting Jan. 26 and ending Feb. 9.
Cost is $106 per person, with all fees included. Preregistration is required 206-934-5339 or LearnatSouth.org.