- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 12 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 2 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Seattle sommelier Dieter Schafer offers 3-week wine tasting primer
January 26, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$106
SEATTLE — Learn how to taste wine knowledgeably and accurately describe what you are tasting with this beginners’ class at South Seattle College conducted by Dieter Schafer, a certified educator and sommelier from Mercer Island.
Explore wine types, grapes, varietals, and wine regions of the world, as you learn the basics of reading a wine label. Gain hints for smart buying, proper storing and aging. The course will also include a discussion of wine-and-food pairing, what matches well, what doesn’t, and why. Tasting each session. For details please go to winedieter.wordpress.com.
The trio of three-hour segments run on 6-9 p.m. consecutive Tuesdays starting Jan. 26 and ending Feb. 9.
Cost is $106 per person, with all fees included. Preregistration is required 206-934-5339 or LearnatSouth.org.