- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 2 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 3 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 6 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Seattle sommelier Dieter Schafer offers 3-week wine tasting primer
January 26, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$106
SEATTLE — Learn how to taste wine knowledgeably and accurately describe what you are tasting with this beginners’ class at South Seattle College conducted by Dieter Schafer, a certified educator and sommelier from Mercer Island.
Explore wine types, grapes, varietals, and wine regions of the world, as you learn the basics of reading a wine label. Gain hints for smart buying, proper storing and aging. The course will also include a discussion of wine-and-food pairing, what matches well, what doesn’t, and why. Tasting each session. For details please go to winedieter.wordpress.com.
The trio of three-hour segments run on 6-9 p.m. consecutive Tuesdays starting Jan. 26 and ending Feb. 9.
Cost is $106 per person, with all fees included. Preregistration is required 206-934-5339 or LearnatSouth.org.