- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 2 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 5 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 6 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Sexy Syrah and Tantalizing Tastes
April 28 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$50
SEATTLE — Sexy Syrah combines examples from more than 30 Washington wineries producing some of the state’s best Syrah with one of the Seattle’s best view restaurants at Salty’s on Alki Beach in West Seattle.
Produced by sommelier David LeClaire along with Tim O’Brien, corporate director of beverage for Salty’s Restaurants, this marks the 15th annual Sexy Syrah. A portion of each ticket benefits Seattle Children’s Hospital in collaboration with John L. Scott Foundation, and tickets must be purchased in advance online via John L. Scott Foundation.
New VIP Entrance: Arrive early at 5 p.m. for $65 and taste with the judges and media before the crowd arrives (limited availability).
Tickets: Must be purchased in advance online at John L. Scott Foundation
Approximately 30 wineries will be pouring, and the list includes Ambassador Vineyard, Animale Winery, Armstrong Family Winery, Bunnell Family Cellar, Cougar Crest Winery, Cuillin Hills, Damsel, Dubindil, Dussek, EFESTE, Five Star, Kennedy Shah, Lantz Cellars, L’Ecole No. 41, Mackey Vineyards, Naked Winery, NHV-Naches Heights Vineyard, Nota Bene, Pondera, Purple Star, Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards, Skylite Cellars, Structure Cellars and The Walls.
Syrah is seducing wine enthusiasts who have an affection for red wines with bold spices, rich fruit and silky texture. This year, wines being poured include Syrah-based blends and rosés made with Syrah.
Salty’s executive chef Jeremy McLachlan presents an ambitious menu of appetizers designed to showcase Syrah’s outstanding affinity for food. His team offers more food for Sexy Syrah than at any other Seattle Uncorked event — one of many reasons this is a traditional sellout.