- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 14 hours ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 2 days ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 5 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 6 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Sexy Syrah and Tantalizing Tastes
April 28, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$50
SEATTLE — Sexy Syrah combines examples from more than 30 Washington wineries producing some of the state’s best Syrah with one of the Seattle’s best view restaurants at Salty’s on Alki Beach in West Seattle.
Produced by sommelier David LeClaire along with Tim O’Brien, corporate director of beverage for Salty’s Restaurants, this marks the 15th annual Sexy Syrah. A portion of each ticket benefits Seattle Children’s Hospital in collaboration with John L. Scott Foundation, and tickets must be purchased in advance online via John L. Scott Foundation.
New VIP Entrance: Arrive early at 5 p.m. for $65 and taste with the judges and media before the crowd arrives (limited availability).
Tickets: Must be purchased in advance online at John L. Scott Foundation
Approximately 30 wineries will be pouring, and the list includes Ambassador Vineyard, Animale Winery, Armstrong Family Winery, Bunnell Family Cellar, Cougar Crest Winery, Cuillin Hills, Damsel, Dubindil, Dussek, EFESTE, Five Star, Kennedy Shah, Lantz Cellars, L’Ecole No. 41, Mackey Vineyards, Naked Winery, NHV-Naches Heights Vineyard, Nota Bene, Pondera, Purple Star, Reustle-Prayer Rock Vineyards, Skylite Cellars, Structure Cellars and The Walls.
Syrah is seducing wine enthusiasts who have an affection for red wines with bold spices, rich fruit and silky texture. This year, wines being poured include Syrah-based blends and rosés made with Syrah.
Salty’s executive chef Jeremy McLachlan presents an ambitious menu of appetizers designed to showcase Syrah’s outstanding affinity for food. His team offers more food for Sexy Syrah than at any other Seattle Uncorked event — one of many reasons this is a traditional sellout.