- Double Canyon hires Kate Michaud as winemakerPosted 7 hours ago
- An Outstanding selection of Northwest winesPosted 2 days ago
- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 5 days ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 7 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 1 week ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 1 week ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Spring barrel tasting at Swiftwater Cellars
June 6, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20
CLE ELUM, Wash. — Swiftwater Cellars, Washington’s premier destination winery, will host a spring barrel tasting event on Friday, June 6, in the winery’s expansive barrel room, making for a fun, intimate and unique evening with the winemaker.
Attendees will be able to taste Swiftwater’s wines from its 2013 vintage and enjoy light hor d’oeuvres from the winery’s popular Hoist House restaurant.
Guests also will have the opportunity to taste pre-release samples of Swiftwater’s 2013 Riesling, which winemaker Linda Trotta calls their best Riesling yet. That’s high praise, considering the 2011 Riesling scored 90+ points in both the Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and the 2012 No. 9 Riesling won Double Gold and was named Best of Class in the Dry Riesling category at the 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
“We’ll be sharing wines from specific vineyard lots,” Trotta said. “Most people don’t have the opportunity to taste them before they are blended into our wines.”
Tickets are $20 and include barrel tasting with appetizers.