- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 2 hours ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 22 hours ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 5 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 7 days ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Spring barrel tasting at Swiftwater Cellars
June 6, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20
CLE ELUM, Wash. — Swiftwater Cellars, Washington’s premier destination winery, will host a spring barrel tasting event on Friday, June 6, in the winery’s expansive barrel room, making for a fun, intimate and unique evening with the winemaker.
Attendees will be able to taste Swiftwater’s wines from its 2013 vintage and enjoy light hor d’oeuvres from the winery’s popular Hoist House restaurant.
Guests also will have the opportunity to taste pre-release samples of Swiftwater’s 2013 Riesling, which winemaker Linda Trotta calls their best Riesling yet. That’s high praise, considering the 2011 Riesling scored 90+ points in both the Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and the 2012 No. 9 Riesling won Double Gold and was named Best of Class in the Dry Riesling category at the 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
“We’ll be sharing wines from specific vineyard lots,” Trotta said. “Most people don’t have the opportunity to taste them before they are blended into our wines.”
Tickets are $20 and include barrel tasting with appetizers.