- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 10 hours ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 4 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 5 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Spring barrel tasting at Swiftwater Cellars
June 6, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20
CLE ELUM, Wash. — Swiftwater Cellars, Washington’s premier destination winery, will host a spring barrel tasting event on Friday, June 6, in the winery’s expansive barrel room, making for a fun, intimate and unique evening with the winemaker.
Attendees will be able to taste Swiftwater’s wines from its 2013 vintage and enjoy light hor d’oeuvres from the winery’s popular Hoist House restaurant.
Guests also will have the opportunity to taste pre-release samples of Swiftwater’s 2013 Riesling, which winemaker Linda Trotta calls their best Riesling yet. That’s high praise, considering the 2011 Riesling scored 90+ points in both the Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and the 2012 No. 9 Riesling won Double Gold and was named Best of Class in the Dry Riesling category at the 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
“We’ll be sharing wines from specific vineyard lots,” Trotta said. “Most people don’t have the opportunity to taste them before they are blended into our wines.”
Tickets are $20 and include barrel tasting with appetizers.