- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 19 hours ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 4 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Spring barrel tasting at Swiftwater Cellars
June 6, 2014 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20
CLE ELUM, Wash. — Swiftwater Cellars, Washington’s premier destination winery, will host a spring barrel tasting event on Friday, June 6, in the winery’s expansive barrel room, making for a fun, intimate and unique evening with the winemaker.
Attendees will be able to taste Swiftwater’s wines from its 2013 vintage and enjoy light hor d’oeuvres from the winery’s popular Hoist House restaurant.
Guests also will have the opportunity to taste pre-release samples of Swiftwater’s 2013 Riesling, which winemaker Linda Trotta calls their best Riesling yet. That’s high praise, considering the 2011 Riesling scored 90+ points in both the Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast and the 2012 No. 9 Riesling won Double Gold and was named Best of Class in the Dry Riesling category at the 2014 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition.
“We’ll be sharing wines from specific vineyard lots,” Trotta said. “Most people don’t have the opportunity to taste them before they are blended into our wines.”
Tickets are $20 and include barrel tasting with appetizers.