- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 3 days ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 4 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 5 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 1 week ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Taste around the world with South Stage Cellars
March 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
and Weekly on the same day until February 27, 2016
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — You don’t have to pack any bags for this trip with South Stage Cellars and the Moore family. You don’t have to be concerned about loading zones, or excess baggage charges.
Some of the countries you will be visiting are: Spain and Portugal, the three wine regions of France, Italy and Germany, South America, South Africa and New Zealand. You will taste wines that are typical from these countries along with traditional food paired by local restaurants. All 28 wine varietals are made exclusively from our estate grown grapes at our Quail Run Vineyards.
You will taste Carménère, Dolcetto, Chardonnay, Pinotage, Grenache, Syrah, Viognier, Pinot Blanc, Mourvèdre to name a few. Treat your palate, learn about the different varietals and enjoy the food pairings from some of your favorite Southern Oregon restaurants while you take a trip around the world with South Stage Cellars.
Cost is $25 per person per class, which includes 3-4 tastings along with food pairings. You can buy one country or all six countries. You receive a $25 gift certificate if you buy all six classes. Space is limited to 50 people for each afternoon.
Feb. 27 — Food pairing by Jacksonville Inn
South America, South Africa & New Zealand
Sauvignon Blanc, Pinotage, Malbec, Carménère
March 5 — (TBA)
France ~ Burgundy Region
Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sparkling Early Muscat
March 12 — Food pairing by Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge in Medford
Spain and Portugal
Albariño, Grenache, Tempranillo, Port
March 19 — Food pairing by Arbor House in Talent
France ~ Bordeaux Region
Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bliss (Sauternes-style)
March 26 — Food pairing by Pomodori Bistro & Wine Bar in Medford
Italy & Germany
Pinot Gris, Dolcetto, Sangiovese, Riesling
April 2 (TBA)
France ~ Rhône Valley
Viognier, Marsanne/Roussanne, Syrah, GSM-style blend