- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 8 hours ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 2 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 3 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 5 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 7 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Taste around the world with South Stage Cellars
March 26, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — You don’t have to pack any bags for this trip with South Stage Cellars and the Moore family. You don’t have to be concerned about loading zones, or excess baggage charges.
Some of the countries you will be visiting are: Spain and Portugal, the three wine regions of France, Italy and Germany, South America, South Africa and New Zealand. You will taste wines that are typical from these countries along with traditional food paired by local restaurants. All 28 wine varietals are made exclusively from our estate grown grapes at our Quail Run Vineyards.
You will taste Carménère, Dolcetto, Chardonnay, Pinotage, Grenache, Syrah, Viognier, Pinot Blanc, Mourvèdre to name a few. Treat your palate, learn about the different varietals and enjoy the food pairings from some of your favorite Southern Oregon restaurants while you take a trip around the world with South Stage Cellars.
Cost is $25 per person per class, which includes 3-4 tastings along with food pairings. You can buy one country or all six countries. You receive a $25 gift certificate if you buy all six classes. Space is limited to 50 people for each afternoon.
Feb. 27 — Food pairing by Jacksonville Inn
South America, South Africa & New Zealand
Sauvignon Blanc, Pinotage, Malbec, Carménère
March 5 — (TBA)
France ~ Burgundy Region
Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sparkling Early Muscat
March 12 — Food pairing by Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge in Medford
Spain and Portugal
Albariño, Grenache, Tempranillo, Port
March 19 — Food pairing by Arbor House in Talent
France ~ Bordeaux Region
Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bliss (Sauternes-style)
March 26 — Food pairing by Pomodori Bistro & Wine Bar in Medford
Italy & Germany
Pinot Gris, Dolcetto, Sangiovese, Riesling
April 2 (TBA)
France ~ Rhône Valley
Viognier, Marsanne/Roussanne, Syrah, GSM-style blend