- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 2 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 3 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 7 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Taste around the world with South Stage Cellars
March 26, 2016 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
and Weekly on the same day until February 27, 2016
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. — You don’t have to pack any bags for this trip with South Stage Cellars and the Moore family. You don’t have to be concerned about loading zones, or excess baggage charges.
Some of the countries you will be visiting are: Spain and Portugal, the three wine regions of France, Italy and Germany, South America, South Africa and New Zealand. You will taste wines that are typical from these countries along with traditional food paired by local restaurants. All 28 wine varietals are made exclusively from our estate grown grapes at our Quail Run Vineyards.
You will taste Carménère, Dolcetto, Chardonnay, Pinotage, Grenache, Syrah, Viognier, Pinot Blanc, Mourvèdre to name a few. Treat your palate, learn about the different varietals and enjoy the food pairings from some of your favorite Southern Oregon restaurants while you take a trip around the world with South Stage Cellars.
Cost is $25 per person per class, which includes 3-4 tastings along with food pairings. You can buy one country or all six countries. You receive a $25 gift certificate if you buy all six classes. Space is limited to 50 people for each afternoon.
Feb. 27 — Food pairing by Jacksonville Inn
South America, South Africa & New Zealand
Sauvignon Blanc, Pinotage, Malbec, Carménère
March 5 — (TBA)
France ~ Burgundy Region
Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, Sparkling Early Muscat
March 12 — Food pairing by Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge in Medford
Spain and Portugal
Albariño, Grenache, Tempranillo, Port
March 19 — Food pairing by Arbor House in Talent
France ~ Bordeaux Region
Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Bliss (Sauternes-style)
March 26 — Food pairing by Pomodori Bistro & Wine Bar in Medford
Italy & Germany
Pinot Gris, Dolcetto, Sangiovese, Riesling
April 2 (TBA)
France ~ Rhône Valley
Viognier, Marsanne/Roussanne, Syrah, GSM-style blend