- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 7 hours ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 3 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 4 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 5 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Umpqua Vineyard Bike Ride
September 10$25 - $60
ROSEBURG, Ore. – The Umpqua Vineyard Bike Ride organizes trips of various lengths as well as a century ride with wine tasting at some of the state’s best wineries and well-stocked rest stops with good food and snacks.
This is a cycling event staged every September that’s sponsored by Umpqua Velo Cycling Club and offers five cycling routes to appeal to riders of all abilities. Meet others on a backcountry road in the Umpqua Valley. Bike routes range from 15, 30, 50, 75, to 100 mile century. Each route uses lightly traveled rural roads that follow the Umpqua River.
Cyclist will tour past by dozens of vineyards, wineries, forests, fields and orchards. Choose from five rides. The 15-mile or 30-mile road bike rides are great for families, while the half-century, 75-mile and 100- mile century rides appeal to more experienced riders
All routes travel along the scenic Umpqua River and past vineyards with well-marked routes on lightly traveled rural roads. There is free post-ride free beer or wine for registered riders over 21.
A bicycle Helmet and bicycle in good working order are required. All routes start and end at Discovery Garden, 238 River Forks Park Road, Roseburg, Ore., with SAG support and free bicycle safety check before the ride.