- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 4 hours ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 4 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 5 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 2 weeks ago
- Ag Expo seminar features Woodward Canyon’s second generationPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Washington Wine Express aboard Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum
September 24, 2016 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
ELBE, Wash. – All aboard the Washington Wine Express for the sip of a lifetime on the Mount Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum’s Wine Express. Enjoy a steam train ride through the forests and foothills south of Mount Rainier.
This 2 1/2-hour special event is exclusively for passengers 21 and older, and it features wine tastings provided by award-winning Silvara Vineyards, Scatter Creek Winery and Mount St. Helen’s Winery.
Passengers must show valid identification before boarding the train. Your ticket includes train ride, refreshments, five tasting tickets, museum admission, live entertainment and souvenir tasting glass.
The Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum operates steam train rides that travel 14 miles between the towns of Elbe and Mineral near Mount Rainier National Park. Weekly steam train excursions operate annually during the months of May through October.
The train carries passengers from the depot in Elbe and travels through a forest and foothills before arriving at the logging museum in Mineral. Once at the museum, guests can get off the train to explore the exhibits. Museum admission is included in the train ticket price.