- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 34 mins ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 20 hours ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 3 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 5 days ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 6 days ago
- Washington wineries brace for epic stormPosted 7 days ago
- Scoria Vineyards ready to rock Idaho wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Top white wines from 2016 Great NW InvitePosted 1 week ago
Washington Wine Express aboard Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum
May 7, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
ELBE, Wash. – All aboard the Washington Wine Express for the sip of a lifetime on the Mount Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum’s Wine Express. Enjoy a steam train ride through the forests and foothills south of Mount Rainier.
This 2 1/2-hour special event is exclusively for passengers 21 and older, and it features wine tastings provided by award-winning Silvara Vineyards, Scatter Creek Winery and Mount St. Helen’s Winery.
Passengers must show valid identification before boarding the train. Your ticket includes train ride, refreshments, five tasting tickets, museum admission, live entertainment and souvenir tasting glass.
The Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum operates steam train rides that travel 14 miles between the towns of Elbe and Mineral near Mount Rainier National Park. Weekly steam train excursions operate annually during the months of May through October.
The train carries passengers from the depot in Elbe and travels through a forest and foothills before arriving at the logging museum in Mineral. Once at the museum, guests can get off the train to explore the exhibits. Museum admission is included in the train ticket price.