- State legislators hear Washington wine will be ‘bigger than wheat’Posted 1 hour ago
- Washington, the state of RieslingPosted 1 day ago
- Larks Restaurants in Rogue Valley top Oregon Wine A-List awardsPosted 2 days ago
- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 4 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 5 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
Washington Wine Express aboard Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum
May 7 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
One event on May 7, 2017 at 3:30pm
ELBE, Wash. – All aboard the Washington Wine Express for the sip of a lifetime on the Mount Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum’s Wine Express. Enjoy a steam train ride through the forests and foothills south of Mount Rainier.
This 2 1/2-hour special event is exclusively for passengers 21 and older, and it features wine tastings provided by award-winning Silvara Vineyards, Scatter Creek Winery and Mount St. Helen’s Winery.
Passengers must show valid identification before boarding the train. Your ticket includes train ride, refreshments, five tasting tickets, museum admission, live entertainment and souvenir tasting glass.
The Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museum operates steam train rides that travel 14 miles between the towns of Elbe and Mineral near Mount Rainier National Park. Weekly steam train excursions operate annually during the months of May through October.
The train carries passengers from the depot in Elbe and travels through a forest and foothills before arriving at the logging museum in Mineral. Once at the museum, guests can get off the train to explore the exhibits. Museum admission is included in the train ticket price.