- Walla Walla wine students cap their success on bottling dayPosted 1 day ago
- 3 generations inspire award-winning wines at Wild Goose VineyardsPosted 3 days ago
- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 5 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 1 week ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 1 week ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Waterbrook Winery Annual Fly Fishing Fair
June 6, 2015 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pmFree
WALLA WALLA, Wash. — Friends of Waterbrook Winery invite all to its seventh annual Fly Fishing Day, a casual, relaxed day on the Waterbrook pond where casters of all abilities will gather and explore this time-honored Northwest tradition.
Festivities include fly-tying instruction, fly-casting classes, BBQ provided by Precept Wine culinary director Andrew Oldham, and a little friendly competition led by event sponsors Walla Walla Fly Fishers.
The Waterbrook Winery pond is stocked with rainbow trout for catch-and-release fishing. Admission is free, and all ages are welcome.
The BBQ pulled pork sandwich plates with coleslaw and chips are available for $11, which can be paired with Waterbrook aromatic white wines for an additional fee. Other picnic options are available from the cold case in the Waterbrook Winery tasting room.
Wine tastings are available for purchase just steps away at Waterbrook’s tasting room — perfect for the non-fishing companions. Relax and view the fly fishing activities on the large outdoor patio or cool off indoors. Families are welcome at the tasting room.