- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 18 hours ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 2 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 2 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 4 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 5 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 6 days ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
- King Estate completes conversion to biodynamicPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Westport Winery to hold Bella Blood Drive
August 9, 2013Free
Westport Winery’s Bella Blood Drive is the best way to give the gift of life. On Friday, Aug. 9 from noon to 5 p.m., the winery will accept reservations for up to three donors every 15 minutes. Free refreshments will be provided to donors.
Those who elect to give blood will earn a bottle of Bella at half price. A portion of the proceeds from this blend of Tempranillo, Refosco, Primitivo, Barbera, Merlot and Syrah benefits the Mount Rainier Chapter of the American Red Cross and the Blood Bank.
‘Twilight’-inspired T-shirts that read “A glass a day keeps the vampires away” will be available. Basic donor criteria are available at redcrossblood.org or by calling 1-866-236-3276. Blood donors can donate every 56 days.