- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 1 day ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 3 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 7 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards 25th annual Grape Stomp Competition
September 19, 2015 - September 20, 2015$10
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards plays host to its 25th Annual Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration on Sept. 19-20.
Guests celebrate the joy of winemaking at the Willamette Valley Vineyards Annual Oregon Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration. Visitors from all around the country come to cheer on two-person teams of “stompers” and “swabies,” the bucket holders, as they compete for the champion title. The winning team earns a trip to Santa Rosa, Calif., to participate in the World Championship Grape Stomp.
In addition to wine tasting, this family-friendly celebration includes food pairings from the winery chef, live music, a costume contest and a kids stomp competition. The event at the estate vineyard runs Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19-20, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 with the option to add a Cellar Pass to taste exclusive unreleased wines for $5.
Those looking to compete are welcome to join in the fun for $10.