- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 11 hours ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 23 hours ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 3 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 5 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 1 week ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards 25th annual Grape Stomp Competition
September 19, 2015 - September 20, 2015$10
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards plays host to its 25th Annual Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration on Sept. 19-20.
Guests celebrate the joy of winemaking at the Willamette Valley Vineyards Annual Oregon Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration. Visitors from all around the country come to cheer on two-person teams of “stompers” and “swabies,” the bucket holders, as they compete for the champion title. The winning team earns a trip to Santa Rosa, Calif., to participate in the World Championship Grape Stomp.
In addition to wine tasting, this family-friendly celebration includes food pairings from the winery chef, live music, a costume contest and a kids stomp competition. The event at the estate vineyard runs Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19-20, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 with the option to add a Cellar Pass to taste exclusive unreleased wines for $5.
Those looking to compete are welcome to join in the fun for $10.