- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 10 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 1 day ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards 25th annual Grape Stomp Competition
September 19, 2015 - September 20, 2015$10
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards plays host to its 25th Annual Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration on Sept. 19-20.
Guests celebrate the joy of winemaking at the Willamette Valley Vineyards Annual Oregon Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration. Visitors from all around the country come to cheer on two-person teams of “stompers” and “swabies,” the bucket holders, as they compete for the champion title. The winning team earns a trip to Santa Rosa, Calif., to participate in the World Championship Grape Stomp.
In addition to wine tasting, this family-friendly celebration includes food pairings from the winery chef, live music, a costume contest and a kids stomp competition. The event at the estate vineyard runs Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19-20, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 with the option to add a Cellar Pass to taste exclusive unreleased wines for $5.
Those looking to compete are welcome to join in the fun for $10.