- New leadership at Adelsheim Vineyard in OregonPosted 6 hours ago
- vinAmité Cellars finds its way in British Columbia wine industryPosted 1 day ago
- Myles Anderson sells his share of Walla Walla VintnersPosted 2 days ago
- Ashley Trout to pour Walla Walla wines at pre-Oscar party in L.A.Posted 3 days ago
- Merlot remains force in Northwest wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Canadian wine industry toasts vintner Harry McWattersPosted 5 days ago
- Tax relief bill for small Washington wineries moves alongPosted 7 days ago
- Red Mountain turns more red and greenPosted 2 weeks ago
- WAWGG is now Washington Winegrowers AssociationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Okanagan Valley orchardists transition to stellar wines at C.C. JentschPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards 25th annual Grape Stomp Competition
September 19, 2015 - September 20, 2015$10
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards plays host to its 25th Annual Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration on Sept. 19-20.
Guests celebrate the joy of winemaking at the Willamette Valley Vineyards Annual Oregon Grape Stomp Competition and Harvest Celebration. Visitors from all around the country come to cheer on two-person teams of “stompers” and “swabies,” the bucket holders, as they compete for the champion title. The winning team earns a trip to Santa Rosa, Calif., to participate in the World Championship Grape Stomp.
In addition to wine tasting, this family-friendly celebration includes food pairings from the winery chef, live music, a costume contest and a kids stomp competition. The event at the estate vineyard runs Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 19-20, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Admission is $10 with the option to add a Cellar Pass to taste exclusive unreleased wines for $5.
Those looking to compete are welcome to join in the fun for $10.