- Mega Purple – an insidious additive that can ruin a winePosted 16 hours ago
- 17th annual Platinum Judging begins todayPosted 1 day ago
- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 3 days ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 5 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 5 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 7 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 1 week ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards annual North American Truffle Dog Championship
January 17 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm$60
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards continues the tradition of welcoming visitors to celebrate the bounty of its property with the Truffle Hunt and North American Truffle Dog Championship on Sunday, Jan. 17.
The estate vineyard at Willamette Valley Vineyards is best known for growing world-class grapes, but it also grows truffles on the property so the winery has partnered with the Oregon Truffle Festival to stage the North American Truffle Dog Championship.
Because truffle hunting in the field does not lend itself to spectator participation, the championship final is not open to spectators, but everyone is welcome at the awards ceremony in the afternoon.
Join us for the Joriad Awards Gala, the gateway event to the Oregon truffle season, and the inaugural food and wine event of the 2016 festival. Guests will enjoy delicious small plates featuring Oregon black and white truffles carefully paired with WVV wines while touring the our winery’s state of the art facilities.
Ticket holders to this event will get to “meet and greet” all the Joriad finalists, and witness the awarding of the championship trophy to the Joriad winner as the evening’s grand finale.
Admission is $60, $50 for Willamette Valley Vineyard’s Wine Club Members, Shareholders and their guests, and includes demonstration, food and wine pairings and awards ceremony.
Make reservations online or call 503-588-9463.