- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 17 hours ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 2 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 5 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Willamette Valley Vineyards annual North American Truffle Dog Championship
January 17 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm$60
TURNER, Ore. — Willamette Valley Vineyards continues the tradition of welcoming visitors to celebrate the bounty of its property with the Truffle Hunt and North American Truffle Dog Championship on Sunday, Jan. 17.
The estate vineyard at Willamette Valley Vineyards is best known for growing world-class grapes, but it also grows truffles on the property so the winery has partnered with the Oregon Truffle Festival to stage the North American Truffle Dog Championship.
Because truffle hunting in the field does not lend itself to spectator participation, the championship final is not open to spectators, but everyone is welcome at the awards ceremony in the afternoon.
Join us for the Joriad Awards Gala, the gateway event to the Oregon truffle season, and the inaugural food and wine event of the 2016 festival. Guests will enjoy delicious small plates featuring Oregon black and white truffles carefully paired with WVV wines while touring the our winery’s state of the art facilities.
Ticket holders to this event will get to “meet and greet” all the Joriad finalists, and witness the awarding of the championship trophy to the Joriad winner as the evening’s grand finale.
Admission is $60, $50 for Willamette Valley Vineyard’s Wine Club Members, Shareholders and their guests, and includes demonstration, food and wine pairings and awards ceremony.
Make reservations online or call 503-588-9463.