- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 10 hours ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 2 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 3 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 6 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 1 week ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Wine 101 with David LeClaire
March 16 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$25
Seattle Uncorked founder/sommelier David LeClaire offers Wine 101, an evening of basic wine education for those just getting into or beginning to love wine on Wednesday, March 16 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Clubhouse on Queen Anne.
Want to learn how to select, age and enjoy wine? Describe wine better, and know how to ask for what you really like? Wine 101 will help you experience nuances that allow one to distinguish cheap wines from good wines, American wines from European wines and understand the nature of different grape varieties.
Cost is $25, and LeClaire’s entertaining approach to Wine 101 will make the learning process fun as you taste your way through the evening.
The Clubhouse on Queen Anne, managed by LeClaire and Melinda Wells, has served as a Masonic Lodge since 1925. It provides one of Seattle’s best small venues for dinners and parties of 20-120 people amid an atmosphere of brick and mahogany with a rustic bar from the Gold Rush era.