- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 38 mins ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 2 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 4 days ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 7 days ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 1 week ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 1 week ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- Coiled Wines to open tasting room in Boise, winery in Garden CityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Foris Vineyards hires Stephanie Pao to replace Bryan WilsonPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Wine Rocks Seattle
July 9, 2015 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm$50
SEATTLE — Wine Rocks Seattle in its eighth run is an annual, not-for-profit gathering, and it includes 45 plus wineries, breweries and cideries pouring their best against sweeping views of the Seattle waterfront.
A few of these industry gurus also happen to know a thing or two about music, and the night is an unabashed celebration of our local abundance. Don’t miss your chance to sip your way to bliss, graze from the lip-smackin’ delicious herd of food trucks, dance to kickin’ live music, and gawk at the Olympic Mountains, all while supporting a great cause — the University District Food Bank.
Three of the bands feature Washington winemakers and friends including Gordy Rawson of Chatter Creek Winery and his Lakeview 5, Darren Des Voigne of Des Voigne Cellars and Karris Nicklaus of Michael Florentino Cellars.
The list of wineries pouring includes Amavi, Bunnell, Claar, Convergence Zone, DaMa, Elevation, Eye of the Needle, For a Song, Goose Ridge, Gaurdian, Hedges, House Wine, Kiona, Lachini, Lauren Ashton, Martedi, Maryhill, Naches Heights, Nine Hats, O•S, Owen Roe, Palencia, Patterson, Swiftwater, Terra Blanca, Tranche, Whidbey Island, Wilridge and Woodward Canyon.
The headliner for the evening will be Seattle-based band the Timbre Barons. During breaks between performances DJ Dubreezy will be spinning tunes on the pier.
Washington winemaker and music lover Trey Busch of Sleight of Hand Cellars in Walla Walla will serve as the event MC.
Beyond the wine and music new elements will be in store for guests at this year’s Wine Rocks Seattle. These new event features include:
- Rhône Zone Wine Bar – taste Rhone-inspired red, white and rose wines (think Syrah, Grenache, Viognier and more)
- Restaurant Zoe American Lamb Spit – grab a tasty American lamb bite from chef Scott Staples
- Rockin’ Cocktail Samples from BevMo! – stay cool with these summer sips of summer
- Yakima Valley Palate Pleasers – Sips and bites from Washington’s craft beverage and food hub
- Feast on offerings from six of Seattle’s hottest food trucks and light snacks from special food purveyors
“Wine Rocks Seattle has kicked up the music this year with DJ tunes outside on the Pier and new musical performances including Joyfield, an Indie-alternative with powerful female vocals and intriguing instrumentals, and the Timbre Barons an indie guitar rock band seen at the Tractor Tavern and played regularly on KEXP,” said Jamie Peha of Peha Promotions and producer of Wine Rocks Seattle.