- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 14 hours ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 2 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 6 days ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 6 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Wine Yakima Valley spring barrel tasting weekend
April 24, 2015 @ 10:00 am - April 26, 2015 @ 5:00 pm$35
Wine Yakima Valley’s Spring Barrel Tasting is your chance to get a jump on tasting and purchasing some of the best wines in wine country. A visit to Washington’s Yakima Valley on this weekend will allow you to sample yet-unfinished wines from the barrel.
Spring barrel tasting allows tasters a sneak preview of upcoming vintages from their favorite wineries. This special weekend in the Yakima Valley features winemakers and cellar staff who are on hand to share insights and answer questions on the winemaking process.
Many of the 40 participating wineries make special efforts to enhance the wine tasting experience by adding delicious cheeses, sauces, salsas, and even desserts to the mix along with special tastings and education.
Purchase a Premier Pass for $35, which allows access to exclusive benefits available only during this Spring Barrel Tasting weekend at participating wineries. Premier Pass holders will be able to experience a variety of specialty food pairings, library tastings and tours not available to the public.
Please remember to bring your own glass. Most wineries are unable to supply glasses for such a large event.
The deadline to purchase a Premier Pass online has passed, but they are on sale at the following locations:
Stems (411 E. Yakima Ave., Yakima)
Two Mountain Winery (2151 Cheyne Road, Zillah)
Airfield Estates (560 Merlot Drive, Prosser)
Kestrel Vintners (2890 Lee Road, Prosser)
Terra Blanca (34715 Demoss Road, Benton City)
Treveri Cellars (71 Gangl Road, Wapato)
Kitzke Cellars (72308 E 260 Private Road NE, Richland)
Tapteil Vineyards (20206E 583 Private Road NE, Benton City)