- Malbec a delicious Pacific Northwest redPosted 17 hours ago
- Yakima Valley winemakers show fondness for Secret CrushPosted 1 day ago
- Washington’s Double Canyon makes national pushPosted 3 days ago
- Ron Irvine’s ‘Wine Project’ tells story of Washington winePosted 4 days ago
- Telaya begins new chapter for Idaho winePosted 5 days ago
- Champoux champions Marquette grape in retirementPosted 6 days ago
- Cab is king at this year’s Celebrate Walla WallaPosted 6 days ago
- Great Northwest white winesPosted 1 week ago
- Oregon coast town gears up for Savor Cannon BeachPosted 1 week ago
- Small Washington wineries ask state for tax breakPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Wine Yakima Valley spring barrel tasting weekend
April 24, 2015 @ 10:00 am - April 26, 2015 @ 5:00 pm| $35
Wine Yakima Valley’s Spring Barrel Tasting is your chance to get a jump on tasting and purchasing some of the best wines in wine country. A visit to Washington’s Yakima Valley on this weekend will allow you to sample yet-unfinished wines from the barrel.
Spring barrel tasting allows tasters a sneak preview of upcoming vintages from their favorite wineries. This special weekend in the Yakima Valley features winemakers and cellar staff who are on hand to share insights and answer questions on the winemaking process.
Many of the 40 participating wineries make special efforts to enhance the wine tasting experience by adding delicious cheeses, sauces, salsas, and even desserts to the mix along with special tastings and education.
Purchase a Premier Pass for $35, which allows access to exclusive benefits available only during this Spring Barrel Tasting weekend at participating wineries. Premier Pass holders will be able to experience a variety of specialty food pairings, library tastings and tours not available to the public.
Please remember to bring your own glass. Most wineries are unable to supply glasses for such a large event.
The deadline to purchase a Premier Pass online has passed, but they are on sale at the following locations:
Stems (411 E. Yakima Ave., Yakima)
Two Mountain Winery (2151 Cheyne Road, Zillah)
Airfield Estates (560 Merlot Drive, Prosser)
Kestrel Vintners (2890 Lee Road, Prosser)
Terra Blanca (34715 Demoss Road, Benton City)
Treveri Cellars (71 Gangl Road, Wapato)
Kitzke Cellars (72308 E 260 Private Road NE, Richland)
Tapteil Vineyards (20206E 583 Private Road NE, Benton City)