- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 2 hours ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 1 day ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 4 days ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 4 days ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 5 days ago
- Abacela hires educator Chris Lake as vineyard managerPosted 6 days ago
- Idaho wine industry states its case for RieslingPosted 1 week ago
- Scenes from Sunday’s Riesling RendezvousPosted 1 week ago
- Riesling a favorite across Pacific NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Wine Yakima Valley spring barrel tasting weekend
April 24, 2015 @ 10:00 am - April 26, 2015 @ 5:00 pm| $35
Wine Yakima Valley’s Spring Barrel Tasting is your chance to get a jump on tasting and purchasing some of the best wines in wine country. A visit to Washington’s Yakima Valley on this weekend will allow you to sample yet-unfinished wines from the barrel.
Spring barrel tasting allows tasters a sneak preview of upcoming vintages from their favorite wineries. This special weekend in the Yakima Valley features winemakers and cellar staff who are on hand to share insights and answer questions on the winemaking process.
Many of the 40 participating wineries make special efforts to enhance the wine tasting experience by adding delicious cheeses, sauces, salsas, and even desserts to the mix along with special tastings and education.
Purchase a Premier Pass for $35, which allows access to exclusive benefits available only during this Spring Barrel Tasting weekend at participating wineries. Premier Pass holders will be able to experience a variety of specialty food pairings, library tastings and tours not available to the public.
Please remember to bring your own glass. Most wineries are unable to supply glasses for such a large event.
The deadline to purchase a Premier Pass online has passed, but they are on sale at the following locations:
Stems (411 E. Yakima Ave., Yakima)
Two Mountain Winery (2151 Cheyne Road, Zillah)
Airfield Estates (560 Merlot Drive, Prosser)
Kestrel Vintners (2890 Lee Road, Prosser)
Terra Blanca (34715 Demoss Road, Benton City)
Treveri Cellars (71 Gangl Road, Wapato)
Kitzke Cellars (72308 E 260 Private Road NE, Richland)
Tapteil Vineyards (20206E 583 Private Road NE, Benton City)