- Lawmakers weigh 4th tasting room for Washington wineriesPosted 2 days ago
- WSU lecture series to present ‘Climate Extremes’ wine symposiumPosted 3 days ago
- Reustle wins 5 double golds at San Francisco Chronicle wine judgingPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle brands ride tall at Houston rodeo judgingPosted 1 week ago
- San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition draws 6,850 entriesPosted 1 week ago
- Paterson takes Tantalus Vineyards to another levelPosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Riesling, we wish there was morePosted 2 weeks ago
- Oregon Tempranillo Celebration adds public tastingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Photojournalist looks back at 2016 vintage in Northwest winePosted 3 weeks ago
- Washington Malbec on the risePosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Wine Yakima Valley Summer Vineyard Tour
August 1, 2015 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm$85
Wine Yakima Valley provides consumers insider access to some of the best grape growers in the state with its annual Yakima Valley Summer Vineyard Tour.
The Saturday, Aug. 1 tour will feature respected winemaker/grower David O’Reilly and one of the Yakima Valley sites recognized for growing award-winning Rhône variety grapes — Joe Hattrup’s Elephant Mountain Vineyard. The tour includes a picnic in the vineyard high atop the Elephant Mountain Vineyard plateau near Konnowac Pass.
Tickets for each tour are $85 and include wine, food, transportation, and a grower education tour. Limited number of tickets available.
Elephant Mountain Vineyard – Reeling in the Rhônes – Elephant Mountain Vineyard sits on a series of gentle, southern-facing slopes at elevations from 1320 to 1460 feet above the irrigated portion of the Yakima Valley. The vineyard receives the same heat units as Red Mountain, but it ripens about three weeks later. These conditions have been paramount in elevating the vineyard as a leader in Rhône grapes such as Mourvèdre and the emerging popularity of GSM, a New World-style of Rhône blends that stands for Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre.
Owen Roe Vineyard – Planted to Perfection – Guests will enjoy an intimate tour of this hillside vineyard owned by O’Reilly, famed winemaker of Owen Roe winery. Taste through the winery’s most sought after wines and see how this 35 acre vineyard was purposefully planted to produce grapes that express the unique terroir that is Yakima Valley. Experience the elevations and slope of this young vineyard and learn why the steep rocky soils are so important to growing exceptional grapes.