- Inside Walla Walla’s Artifex: More than a custom-crush facilityPosted 1 day ago
- Climate change presents possibilities, challenges for Washington wine industryPosted 2 days ago
- Cabernet Sauvignon is king in WashingtonPosted 3 days ago
- Woodinville WineCraft auction moves to Columbia WineryPosted 4 days ago
- Washington wine growers, irrigators grapple with climate changePosted 5 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Doubleback making its own identityPosted 6 days ago
- Charles Smith reshapes Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites at Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Commentary: Why the lack of women winemakers in Washington?Posted 1 week ago
- Cabernet Franc a gentler version of Cabernet SauvignonPosted 1 week ago
- This event has passed.
Winter In Wine Country Festival by Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association
November 27, 2015 @ 8:00 am - November 29, 2015 @ 5:00 pm$35
OLIVER, British Columbia — Wrap up and join in the fun at the Winter in Wine Country Festival with two weekends of festive, family-friendly events in the British Columbia wine communities of Oliver and Osoyoos.
On Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28, Oliver’s Community Light Up & Fireworks brings families together to celebrate the start of the festive season and put some sparkle into the winter months. Bring the kids along for pictures with Santa, fun entertainment for all the family and a bonfire and fireworks, all taking place at the Oliver Community Park Band Shell.
Arrange childcare and head to Hester Creek Estate Winery, where the Oliver Tourism Association will host Rosé Revolution on Saturday, Nov. 28. This celebration of the 18 local wineries producing rosé wines features food pairing stations, live music and a people’s choice award; a timely reminder that rosé is the perfect match for a Christmas turkey.
Tickets cost $35 per person, available at the Oliver Visitor Centre and Imperial Office Pro in Osoyoos, or via Eventbrite.ca.
The following day (Sunday, Nov. 29), head to Watermark Beach Resort for a Winter Wonderland Brunch, starting at 9am. Chef Adair Scott shows his flair for farm to table dining, with a delicious brunch menu that showcases the bounty of local produce available in the area. Brunch costs $35 per person (plus tax and gratuity), for reservations please call 250-495-5508.
On Friday, Dec. 4 and Saturday, Dec. 5, it’s Osoyoos’ turn to shine with their Community Light Up & Parade. Families can enjoy Kiwanis craft sale, Smitty’s Toys for Tots to Teens fundraising breakfast, breakfast with Santa and Mrs Claus and a Christmas Parade, before heading up to NK’MIP Resort to see the annual Festival of Trees, which runs until Jan. 3.
Also on Friday, Dec. 4, Watermark Beach Resort plays hos to the premiere of Ventures in Wine Country, a series that goes behind the scenes of the wine industry, following three Okanagan winemakers. Raise a glass and chat with the producers and hosts of the show at the event.
Thirty Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association members will open their doors for the Winter in Wine Country Festival. They will all be dressed up for the season with Christmas decorations and offering roasted chestnuts, classic carol singing and wine tastings. Winery tours will be offered by Top Cat Tours for both weekends, starting from $35 per person, including transportation and tasting.
For more information please visit the Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association website.