- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 2 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 5 days ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 6 days ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 1 week ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 1 week ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- ¡Salud! auction for Oregon vineyard worker healthcare sets recordPosted 2 weeks ago
- College Cellars spins Muscat into gold year after yearPosted 2 weeks ago
- Lake Chelan winery wins Tri-Cities Wine Festival with GSMPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Winter In Wine Country Festival by Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association
November 27, 2015 @ 8:00 am - November 29, 2015 @ 5:00 pm$35
OLIVER, British Columbia — Wrap up and join in the fun at the Winter in Wine Country Festival with two weekends of festive, family-friendly events in the British Columbia wine communities of Oliver and Osoyoos.
On Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28, Oliver’s Community Light Up & Fireworks brings families together to celebrate the start of the festive season and put some sparkle into the winter months. Bring the kids along for pictures with Santa, fun entertainment for all the family and a bonfire and fireworks, all taking place at the Oliver Community Park Band Shell.
Arrange childcare and head to Hester Creek Estate Winery, where the Oliver Tourism Association will host Rosé Revolution on Saturday, Nov. 28. This celebration of the 18 local wineries producing rosé wines features food pairing stations, live music and a people’s choice award; a timely reminder that rosé is the perfect match for a Christmas turkey.
Tickets cost $35 per person, available at the Oliver Visitor Centre and Imperial Office Pro in Osoyoos, or via Eventbrite.ca.
The following day (Sunday, Nov. 29), head to Watermark Beach Resort for a Winter Wonderland Brunch, starting at 9am. Chef Adair Scott shows his flair for farm to table dining, with a delicious brunch menu that showcases the bounty of local produce available in the area. Brunch costs $35 per person (plus tax and gratuity), for reservations please call 250-495-5508.
On Friday, Dec. 4 and Saturday, Dec. 5, it’s Osoyoos’ turn to shine with their Community Light Up & Parade. Families can enjoy Kiwanis craft sale, Smitty’s Toys for Tots to Teens fundraising breakfast, breakfast with Santa and Mrs Claus and a Christmas Parade, before heading up to NK’MIP Resort to see the annual Festival of Trees, which runs until Jan. 3.
Also on Friday, Dec. 4, Watermark Beach Resort plays hos to the premiere of Ventures in Wine Country, a series that goes behind the scenes of the wine industry, following three Okanagan winemakers. Raise a glass and chat with the producers and hosts of the show at the event.
Thirty Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association members will open their doors for the Winter in Wine Country Festival. They will all be dressed up for the season with Christmas decorations and offering roasted chestnuts, classic carol singing and wine tastings. Winery tours will be offered by Top Cat Tours for both weekends, starting from $35 per person, including transportation and tasting.
For more information please visit the Oliver Osoyoos Winery Association website.