- Tickets on sale for Ste. Michelle, Maryhill winery concertsPosted 2 days ago
- Wild Goose tops 5th Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- Cascadia Wine Competition concludes today in OregonPosted 4 days ago
- 5th annual Cascadia Wine Competition begins todayPosted 6 days ago
- Ancient Lakes fascinates as young Washington wine regionPosted 1 week ago
- 6 bills for Washington wineries alive in state LegislaturePosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain vineyards pour 2016 wines for winemakersPosted 2 weeks ago
- California scientists share research with Walla Walla wine studentsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Syrah plays big role in Northwest red blendsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Shanken group dubs A to Z Wineworks of Oregon as Hot BrandPosted 2 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Woodinville Wine and Beer Country Half Marathon
September 19, 2015 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm$120
Woodinville is the newest addition to Wine Country Half Marathon Series by Sonoma-based Destination Races. More than 100 wineries have a presence in Woodinville, representing grapes from all 13 appellations of Washington state. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Sammamish River Valley, Woodinville combines urban flair with open space, farmland, and scenic riverside trails.
The Woodhouse Wine Estates will play host to the Pre-Race Dinner on Friday, Sept. 18. Cost is $65 to dine and mingle with Destination Races’ Race Director and fellow runners, including Elites and other VIPs during this festive evening. Begin preparing for your 13.1 mile run through wine country with a menu suited for the pre-race regimen.
A scenic 13.1 mile course starts among the vineyards at historic Chateau Ste. Michelle and winds it way through the valley, bounded by the cities of Redmond to the south and Bothell to the north. You’ll pass the four unique districts that comprise Woodinville Wine Country and finish alongside the Sammamish River for the trademark Wine and Music Festival featuring regional wines, microbrews and more. Cost for a guest ticket to the festival is $30.
The Wine Country Half Marathon Series produced by Destination Races features some of the most scenic courses in the world. To enter the half marathon, you must be able to finish the course in 3 hours and 30 minutes and keep a 16:00/mile pace or better. Casual walkers are not permitted in the half marathon due to this time limit. If you cannot keep the required pace on course, you will not be guaranteed course supervision by law enforcement and volunteers. In the event you cannot finish the race or fall behind the 16 min/mile pace, a SAG vehicle will be following the final law enforcement car and will pickup for transport to the finish.
Registration for individuals, teams and two-person relays ranges from $120 to $200. Photos and video from the Woodinville Wine and Beer Country Half Marathon will be available for purchase.