- Crimson Wine Group buys historic blocks of Seven Hills VineyardPosted 24 hours ago
- Record warm November sets stage for 2016 totalsPosted 2 days ago
- Gehringer Brothers Estate Winery turns science into artPosted 4 days ago
- 20th annual Taste Washington offers 20% discountPosted 7 days ago
- Brian Carter, Reininger, Walla Walla Vintners hoist Jefferson CupsPosted 1 week ago
- Sager Small set to take College Cellars education back to Woodward CanyonPosted 2 weeks ago
- Wine Yakima Valley rallies to support food banksPosted 2 weeks ago
- BC wine industry mourns Wild Goose founder Adolf KrugerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Ste. Michelle calls 2016 harvest biggest, longest for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Giving thanks for Northwest wine on ThanksgivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- This event has passed.
Woodinville Wine and Beer Country Half Marathon
September 19, 2015 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm$120
Woodinville is the newest addition to Wine Country Half Marathon Series by Sonoma-based Destination Races. More than 100 wineries have a presence in Woodinville, representing grapes from all 13 appellations of Washington state. Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Sammamish River Valley, Woodinville combines urban flair with open space, farmland, and scenic riverside trails.
The Woodhouse Wine Estates will play host to the Pre-Race Dinner on Friday, Sept. 18. Cost is $65 to dine and mingle with Destination Races’ Race Director and fellow runners, including Elites and other VIPs during this festive evening. Begin preparing for your 13.1 mile run through wine country with a menu suited for the pre-race regimen.
A scenic 13.1 mile course starts among the vineyards at historic Chateau Ste. Michelle and winds it way through the valley, bounded by the cities of Redmond to the south and Bothell to the north. You’ll pass the four unique districts that comprise Woodinville Wine Country and finish alongside the Sammamish River for the trademark Wine and Music Festival featuring regional wines, microbrews and more. Cost for a guest ticket to the festival is $30.
The Wine Country Half Marathon Series produced by Destination Races features some of the most scenic courses in the world. To enter the half marathon, you must be able to finish the course in 3 hours and 30 minutes and keep a 16:00/mile pace or better. Casual walkers are not permitted in the half marathon due to this time limit. If you cannot keep the required pace on course, you will not be guaranteed course supervision by law enforcement and volunteers. In the event you cannot finish the race or fall behind the 16 min/mile pace, a SAG vehicle will be following the final law enforcement car and will pickup for transport to the finish.
Registration for individuals, teams and two-person relays ranges from $120 to $200. Photos and video from the Woodinville Wine and Beer Country Half Marathon will be available for purchase.