- Idaho wine industry coming into its ownPosted 4 days ago
- Olympia gives Washington wineries more tasting roomsPosted 5 days ago
- Abacela, Bunnell star again at Pacific Rim International Wine CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- Boushey takes over Klipsun Vineyard managementPosted 1 week ago
- Judges select favorites from 2017 Cascadia Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- Washington Syrah continues to grow in popularityPosted 2 weeks ago
- Red Mountain’s famed Klipsun Vineyard sold to Chicago firmPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bud break marks start of 2017 vintage for Washington winePosted 2 weeks ago
- Most Washington wineries won’t need new wastewater permitsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Maryhill Winery unveils plans for Spokane tasting roomPosted 2 weeks ago
Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition
Great Northwest Wine conducts a one-of-a-kind wine competition each fall. It’s called The Great Northwest Wine Invitational Wine Competition.
Here’s how it works:
- We invite influential wine professionals to join us in this competition.
- Each of them has nominated up to 100 Pacific Northwest wines to be judged.
- Each of them will then judge the wines during our blind competition.
Here are the nominating judges:
- Naomi Boutz is manager and wine director of The Cellar at 317 Sherman in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- Dan Carr is co-owner/wine buyer and executive chef of Visconti’s Restaurants in Leavenworth and Wenatchee, Wash., and proprietor/director of operations for Cured by Visconti’s.
- Doug Charles is proprietor of Compass Wines in Anacortes, Wash.
- Jeff Cox is wine buyer for PCC Natural Markets in the Puget Sound.
- Mike Dunne is the wine columnist for the Sacramento (Calif.) Bee.
- Ilene Dudunake owns A New Vintage Wine Shop near Boise, Idaho.
- Dave Holstrom owns Guy du Vin, a restaurant wine program consulting business in Portland.
- Chris Horn is the wine director for Seattle-based Heavy Restaurant Group and Purple Café & Wine Bar.
- Lane Hoss is the wine buyer and vice president of marketing for Anthony’s Restaurants.
- Ellen Landis is a sommelier, wine journalist and renowned international wine judge.
- Amy Mullally is the domestic wine buyer for The Wine Country in Long Beach, Calif.
- Tim O’Brien is corporate director of beverage at Salty’s Restaurants in Seattle.
- Katelyn Peil is beverage director of the Seattle-based Heavy Restaurant Group.
- April Reddout is wine program director of the Walter Clore Center in Prosser, Wash.
- Yashar Shayan is a certified sommelier and founder of the Seattle-based retailer ImpulseWine.com.
- Steve Sinkler is owner of The Wine Shack in Cannon Beach, Ore.
- Dave Smith is wine buyer for Everything Wine in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Annie Sullivan is the assistant beverage director and public relations manager for Anthony’s Restaurants.
- Audrey Surrao is co-owner/wine buyer of RauDZ Regional Table in Kelowna, British Columbia.
- Mark Takagi is specialty sales director of the Seattle-based Metropolitan Market group.
- Jean Yates is president of Oregon Wine Marketing.
- Doug Zeller, general manager, Ray’s Boathouse, Seattle
- Paul Zitarelli is owner for Full Pull Wines in Seattle and wine writer for Seattle magazine.
The 2017 Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition will be place Oct. 4-5 at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel.
Gold medals will be posted on Twitter as they are awarded and emailed to the wineries. Full results will be posted upon the conclusion of the competition.