- Our July images of Northwest wine countryPosted 21 hours ago
- Milbrandt Vineyards makes winemaking changes on Wahluke SlopePosted 2 days ago
- Nicolas Quillé helps lead Washington’s Riesling revolutionPosted 3 days ago
- Cooler temperatures put brakes on Washington’s 2016 vintagePosted 4 days ago
- Vancouver International Wine Festival to feature record number from CanadaPosted 5 days ago
- Walla Walla’s Jeff Popick retires this week from viticulture programPosted 6 days ago
- Wahluke Slope is backbone of Washington wine industryPosted 7 days ago
- Portland winery TeSóAria offers vegan wine brunchPosted 1 week ago
- Research focus paying off for Washington wine industryPosted 1 week ago
- Mike Januik enjoys success, accolades from long winemaking careerPosted 1 week ago
Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition
Great Northwest Wine conducts a one-of-a-kind wine competition. It’s called The Great Northwest Wine Invitational Wine Competition.
Here’s how it works:
- We invite influential wine professionals to join us in this competition.
- Each of them has nominated up to 100 Pacific Northwest wines to be judged.
- Each of them will then judge the wines during our blind competition.
Here are the nominating judges:
- Naomi Boutz is manager and wine director of The Cellar at 317 Sherman in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- Amberleigh Brownson is co-owner/wine buyer of EAT Restaurant and Bar in Bellingham, Wash.
- Dan Carr is co-owner/wine buyer and executive chef of Visconti’s Restaurants in Leavenworth and Wenatchee, Wash., and proprietor/director of operations for Cured by Visconti’s.
- Doug Charles is proprietor of Compass Wines in Anacortes, Wash.
- Jeff Cox is wine buyer for PCC Natural Markets in the Puget Sound.
- Mike Dunne is the wine columnist for the Sacramento (Calif.) Bee.
- Ilene Dudunake owns A New Vintage Wine Shop near Boise, Idaho.
- Dave Holstrom owns Guy du Vin, a restaurant wine program consulting business in Portland.
- Chris Horn is the wine director for Seattle-based Heavy Restaurant Group and Purple Café & Wine Bar.
- Lane Hoss is the wine buyer and vice president of marketing for Anthony’s Restaurants.
- Erez Klein is the Pacific Northwest wine buyer for Whole Foods Market.
- Ellen Landis is a sommelier, wine journalist and renowned international wine judge.
- Amy Mullaly is the domestic wine buyer for The Wine Country in Long Beach, Calif.
- Tim O’Brien is corporate director of beverage at Salty’s Restaurants in Seattle.
- April Reddout is wine program manager of the Walter Clore Center in Prosser, Wash.
- Yashar Shayan is a certified sommelier and founder of the Seattle-based retailer ImpulseWine.com.
- Steve Sinkler is owner of The Wine Shack in Cannon Beach, Ore.
- Dave Smith is wine buyer for Everything Wine in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Audrey Surrao is co-owner/wine buyer of RauDZ Regional Table in Kelowna, British Columbia.
- Mark Takagi is specialty sales director of the Seattle-based Metropolitan Market group.
- Randa Wolf, wine director, Columbia Gorge Hotel, Hood River, Ore.
- Jean Yates is president of Oregon Wine Marketing.
- Paul Zitarelli is owner for Full Pull Wines in Seattle and wine writer for Seattle magazine.
The 2016 Great Northwest Invitational Wine Competition takes place Oct. 5-6 at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel.
Gold medals will be posted on Twitter as they are awarded and emailed to the wineries. Full results will be posted upon the conclusion of the competition.