- Masters of Wine set to critique Idaho wine industryPosted 13 hours ago
- Chateau Ste. Michelle’s 2012 Riesling a record 1.2 million casesPosted 2 days ago
- Georg Riedel to conduct wineglass seminar in Walla WallaPosted 3 days ago
- Oregon wine icon Adelsheim defines Pinot Gris at symposiumPosted 4 days ago
- Clore Center to honor Mike Hogue in Washington wine hall of famePosted 5 days ago
- Walla Walla winery red tops Washington State Wine CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- Oregon sets standard for Northwest Pinot GrisPosted 7 days ago
- Washington Pinot Gris on a rocketshipPosted 8 days ago
- Idaho’s high-elevation Pinot Gris produces awards, fansPosted 9 days ago
- British Columbia’s growing love affair with Pinot GrisPosted 10 days ago
Great Northwest Wine Competition
The inaugural Great Northwest Wine Competition took place March 16-17, 2013, at the historic Columbia Gorge Hotel in Hood River, Ore. It drew nearly 800 entries from wineries in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia.
All wines were tasted blind by category.
- Eric Degerman
- Andy Perdue
- Ken Robertson, columnist, Wine Press Northwest, Kennewick, Wash.
- Kristine Bono, evangelist, Alexandria Nicole Cellars, Prosser, Wash.
- Christine Collier, marketing director, Troon Vineyards; co-owner, God King Slave Wines, Jacksonville, Ore.
- Jay Drysdale, owner, Bella Wines, Summerland, British Columbia
- Jack Gunn, buyer, Whole Foods, Boise, Idaho
- Kathryn House, enologist/educator, Wine Wise LLC, Boise, Idaho
- Richard Larsen, research winemaker, Washington State University
- Jan McCartan, wine director/catering manager, Best Western Plus Hood River Inn, Hood River, Ore.
- Jessica Munnell-Muñoz Oca, winemaker, Mercer Estates, Prosser, Wash.
- Stephen Reustle, winemaker, Reustle Prayer Rock Vineyards, Roseburg, Ore.
- Mike Rader, Wine Press Northwest panelist, Kennewick, Wash.
- Coke Roth, attorney, Coke Roth Law, Kennewick, Wash.
- Dave Seaver, Wine Press Northwest panelist, Richland, Wash.
- Paul Sinclair, Wine Press Northwest panelist, Kennewick, Wash.
- Patrick Spangler, winemaker, Spangler Vineyards, Roseburg, Ore.
- Josh Wade, proprietor, Nectar Tasting Room and Wine Blog, Spokane, Wash.
- Jean Yates, president, Avalon Wine, Corvallis, Ore.