- 80 years after repeal of Prohibition, history repeats with marijuanaPosted 11 hours ago
- Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth turns corner with gold medalsPosted 2 days ago
- Wine lovers head into holidays with Walla Walla Valley weekendPosted 2 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle shows love to Northwest winesPosted 3 days ago
- Northstar Winery offers blending trials for customersPosted 5 days ago
- Northwest wines shine at Sonoma’s Grand Harvest Awards competitionPosted 5 days ago
- 10 wines for Northwest tailgate partiesPosted 6 days ago
- Yamhill-Carlton wineries begin using AVA-specific bottlePosted 1 week ago
- Tawny Port Cranberry Sauce recipePosted 1 week ago
- Yakima Valley’s Thanksgiving in Wine Country a family affairPosted 1 week ago
Northstar Winery’s guiding light
WALLA WALL, Wash. — Winemakers often will smirk and say, “It takes a lot of beer to make good wine.” In the case of David “Merf” Merfeld, he was helping to make a lot of good beer...
- Posted 11 months ago
Who’s No. 1 for Riesling?
Washington is the unabashed U.S. leader in Riesling production and acreage, thanks to Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and its flagship winery, Chateau Ste. Michelle. But where does Washington stand in the world of Riesling? Fifth, according to...
- Posted 12 months ago