- Prosser mourns 2 winery ownersPosted 1 day ago
- Walla Walla’s SuLei Cellars looks to expandPosted 2 days ago
- Judges nominations grow for Great Northwest Invitational Wine CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- Affordable red wines from the Great NorthwestPosted 4 days ago
- Snoqualmie gets greener with new eco-capsulesPosted 5 days ago
- Actor Kyle MacLachlan pursues bears, Walla Walla winePosted 6 days ago
- Leonetti pays tribute to Italian roots with new winesPosted 6 days ago
- Koenig Vineyards dessert wine tops 7th Idaho Wine CompetitionPosted 1 week ago
- 7th annual Idaho Wine Competition is todayPosted 1 week ago
- SeVein Vineyard rises as some of best grapes in Great NorthwestPosted 1 week ago
Yakima Valley Wine Competition
We are proud to introduce the inaugural Yakima Valley Wine Competition.
This blind judging of wines made by Yakima Valley wineries is a scholarship competition and will benefit future winemakers by providing funds for viticulture and enology students at the Yakima Valley Community College.
May 16, 2013
Yakima Valley Community College, Grandview
Cost to enter
$50 per entry. There will be no shipping costs, as we will pick up all entries.
To make it easier and more cost-effective for you, we will pick up your wine the day before the competition. Or you can choose to drop it off at the college.
Eric Degerman and Andy Perdue
- Any winery that is physically located (production facility or tasting room) in the Yakima Valley AVA may enter this competition.
- The wines may come from any AVA. For example, a Prosser winery using grapes from the Horse Heaven Hills or Columbia Valley may enter those wines.