- Lagana Cellars bucks trends in Walla Walla wine countryPosted 16 hours ago
- Seattle’s Sean Sullivan writes for famous ‘Pocket Wine Book’Posted 2 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines raises record $3 millionPosted 3 days ago
- Washington Merlot a suave, supple redPosted 4 days ago
- Clore Center assembles 40 Washington wineries for Rising Stars on FridayPosted 4 days ago
- Rob Griffin of Barnard Griffin starts 40th Washington harvestPosted 5 days ago
- Second generation leads Oregon’s Elk Cove VineyardsPosted 7 days ago
- Auction of Washington Wines resumes ThursdayPosted 1 week ago
- Washington’s 2016 wine grape harvest kicks offPosted 1 week ago
- Verjus adds tart joy to food from unripe wine grapesPosted 1 week ago
Yakima Valley Wine Competition
We are proud to introduce the inaugural Yakima Valley Wine Competition.
This blind judging of wines made by Yakima Valley wineries is a scholarship competition and will benefit future winemakers by providing funds for viticulture and enology students at the Yakima Valley Community College.
May 16, 2013
Yakima Valley Community College, Grandview
Cost to enter
$50 per entry. There will be no shipping costs, as we will pick up all entries.
To make it easier and more cost-effective for you, we will pick up your wine the day before the competition. Or you can choose to drop it off at the college.
Eric Degerman and Andy Perdue
- Any winery that is physically located (production facility or tasting room) in the Yakima Valley AVA may enter this competition.
- The wines may come from any AVA. For example, a Prosser winery using grapes from the Horse Heaven Hills or Columbia Valley may enter those wines.