- 8 Northwest wines make Wine.com top 100 listPosted 5 hours ago
- 80 years after repeal of Prohibition, history repeats with marijuanaPosted 23 hours ago
- Silvara Vineyards in Leavenworth turns corner with gold medalsPosted 2 days ago
- Wine lovers head into holidays with Walla Walla Valley weekendPosted 3 days ago
- San Francisco Chronicle shows love to Northwest winesPosted 4 days ago
- Northstar Winery offers blending trials for customersPosted 5 days ago
- Northwest wines shine at Sonoma’s Grand Harvest Awards competitionPosted 6 days ago
- 10 wines for Northwest tailgate partiesPosted 7 days ago
- Yamhill-Carlton wineries begin using AVA-specific bottlePosted 1 week ago
- Tawny Port Cranberry Sauce recipePosted 1 week ago
Yakima Valley Wine Competition
We are proud to introduce the inaugural Yakima Valley Wine Competition.
This blind judging of wines made by Yakima Valley wineries is a scholarship competition and will benefit future winemakers by providing funds for viticulture and enology students at the Yakima Valley Community College.
May 16, 2013
Yakima Valley Community College, Grandview
Cost to enter
$50 per entry. There will be no shipping costs, as we will pick up all entries.
To make it easier and more cost-effective for you, we will pick up your wine the day before the competition. Or you can choose to drop it off at the college.
Eric Degerman and Andy Perdue
- Any winery that is physically located (production facility or tasting room) in the Yakima Valley AVA may enter this competition.
- The wines may come from any AVA. For example, a Prosser winery using grapes from the Horse Heaven Hills or Columbia Valley may enter those wines.